Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Sisimiut airport (Greenland) / ICAO BGSS/ IATA JHS
Sisimiut airport (Greenland) is located close to Sisimiut, Sisimiut at 2 mile↑, Qeqqata at 2 mile↑, Kangaamiut at 79 mile↑, Kangerlussuaq at 82 mile↑, Kangaatsiaq at 94 mile↑, Maniitsoq at 109 mile↑, Nivaaq at 120 mile↑, Aasiaat at 124 mile↑, Qasigiannguit at 145 mile↑, Atammik at 155 mile↑,
Elevation : 10 m = 33 ft
- runway 14/32 : 799 m = 2621 ft
aerial view of Sisimiut
METAR for Sisimiut airport - BGSS
No METAR for Sisimiut airport, but aviation weather is available at for Kangerlussuaq airport (BGSF) at 131 km↑
TAF for Sisimiut airport - BGSS
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Kangerlussuaq airport (BGSF) at 131 km↑
NOTAM for Sisimiut Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Aerodrome / valid from Thursday 9th of September 2021 at 00:00 to Thursday 23rd of September 2021 at 23:59
Q) BGGL/QFATT/IV/BO /A /000/999/6657N05344W005
A) BGSS B) 2109090000 C) 2109222359
E) TRIGGER NOTAM - PERM
AIP GREENLAND AIRAC AMDT 07/21 WEF 09 SEP 2021.
VAR AND RWY MAG BEARINGS CHANGED. NDB+DME RWY 13
INSTRUMENT APPROACH CHART REVIEWED AND RENAMED.
RNAV GNSS RWY 13 REVIEWED AND NOW PUBLISHED AS
2 SEPARATE PROCEDURES/CHARTS NAMED RNP Y RWY 13
AND RNP Z RWY 13. NEW CHART: RNP STAR RWY 13 / 31.
NEW CHARTS: RNP A AND B INSTRUMENT APPROACH CHARTS.
CREATED: 12 Jul 2021 08:57:00
NOTAM Aerodrome / valid from Friday 2nd of July 2021 at 20:03 to Wednesday 1st of September 2021 at 01:59
Q) BGGL/QFAAP/IV/NBO/A /000/999/6657N05344W005
A) BGSS B) 2107022003 C) 2109010159
E) COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTION.
ALL NON-SCHEDULED FLIGHTS FROM OUTSIDE BGGL FIR
MUST CONTACT SISIMIUT AFIS ON BGSS AT MIT.GL
FOR SUBMISSION OF A SPECIAL FILL-IN FORM
CREATED: 02 Jul 2021 20:03:00
NOTAM Meteorological service / valid from Thursday 1st of July 2021 at 13:53
Q) BGGL/QFMXX/IV/BO /A /000/999/6657N05344W005
A) BGSS B) 2107011353 C) PERM
E) REF AIP AD 2-BGSS-2, CHAPTER 11 METEOROLOGICAL
5. BRIEFING/CONSULTATION PROVIDED.
TEL SHOULD READ +299 36 40 94.
CREATED: 01 Jul 2021 13:54:00
NOTAM Distance measuring equipment / valid from Wednesday 30th of June 2021 at 10:41 to Saturday 31st of July 2021 at 17:00
Q) BGGL/QNDAS/IV/BO /AE/000/999/6657N05344W025
A) BGSS B) 2106301041 C) 2107311700 EST
E) DME SS FREQ 108.150MHZ CH18Y U/S
CREATED: 30 Jun 2021 10:42:00
nearest airports to Sisimiut
- for Kangerlussuaq airport (BGSF) at 82 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Maniitsoq airport (BGMQ) at 109 mile↑
- for Aaisiaat airport (BGAA) at 125 mile↑
- for Illulissat airport (BGJN) at 173 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Nuuk airport (BGGH) at 200 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Uummannaq airport (BGUQ) at 263 mile↑
- for Broughton Island airport (CYVM) at 278 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pangnirtung airport (CYXP) at 334 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)