Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Upernavik airport (Greenland) / ICAO BGUK/ IATA JUV
This airport is located near the North Pole. It is one of the northernmost airports in the world.
Upernavik airport (Greenland) is located close to Upernavik, Upernavik at 1 mile↑, Qaarsut at 161 mile↑, Uummannaq at 170 mile↑, Qeqertarsuaq at 252 mile↑, Qaasuitsup at 271 mile↑, Ilulissat at 271 mile↑, Aasiaat at 291 mile↑, Qasigiannguit at 296 mile↑, Nivaaq at 300 mile↑, Clyde River at 314 mile↑,
Elevation : 126 m = 413 ft
- runway 05/23 : 799 m = 2621 ft
aerial view of Upernavik
METAR for Upernavik airport - BGUK
BGUK 130520Z AUTO 09013KT 9999NDV BKN170/// 02/M01 Q1014
Decoded METAR for Upernavik Airport (Greenland)
METAR issued by BGUK on Wednesday 13th of October 2021 at 05:20 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 11 days and 281 hours and -15793 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 2 °C = 36 °F and dew point is -1 °C = 30 °F . This correspond to 81% relative humidity.
QNH is 1014 mb = 29.94 inHg
Wind speed is 24 km/h = 13 kt, direction is 90°.
Clouds : broken at 17000 ft = 5180 m.
TAF for Upernavik airport - BGUK
BGUK 111209Z 1112/1119 19025KT 9000 -RA SCT012 BKN040 TEMPO 19024G38KT 5000 -RASN BKN012
Decoded TAF for Upernavik Airport (Greenland)
TAF issued by BGUK on Monday 11th of October 2021 at 12:09 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 13 days and 10 hours and 58 minutes ago. A 7 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Monday 11th of October 2021 à 12:00 heure TU to Monday 11th of October 2021 à 19:00 heure UTC
1112/1119 19025KT 9000 -RA SCT012 BKN040
Wind 25 kt = 46 km/h, direction is 190°
Visibility is 9 km = 6 mile.
scattered clouds at 1200 ft = 370 m broken at 4000 ft = 1220 m
temporarily from Thursday 1st of January 1970 à 00:00 heure TU to Thursday 1st of January 1970 à 00:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 19024G38KT 5000 -RASN BKN012
Wind 24 kt = 44 km/h with gusts at 38 kt = 70 km/h, direction is 190°
Visibility is 5 km = 3 mile.
light rain snow
broken at 1200 ft = 370 m
nearest airports to Upernavik
- for Uummannaq airport (BGUQ) at 160 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Illulissat airport (BGJN) at 270 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Aaisiaat airport (BGAA) at 291 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Clyde River airport (CYCY) at 312 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Thule airport (BGTL) at 344 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Qaanaaq airport (BGQQ) at 399 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Broughton Island airport (CYVM) at 406 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Sisimiut airport (BGSS) at 407 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)