Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Arctic Bay airport (Canada) / ICAO CYAB/ IATA YAB
This airport is located near the North Pole. It is one of the northernmost airports in the world.
Arctic Bay airport (Canada) is located close to Arctic Bay, Arctic Bay at 3 mile↑, Pond Inlet at 146 mile↑, Resolute at 221 mile↑, Nunavut at 232 mile↑, Igloolik at 260 mile↑, Hall Beach at 304 mile↑, Taloyoak at 304 mile↑, Kugaaruk at 327 mile↑, Dundas at 382 mile↑, Gjoa Haven at 389 mile↑,
Elevation : 22 m = 72 ft
- runway 13/31 : 1199 m = 3934 ft
aerial view of Arctic Bay
METAR for Arctic Bay airport - CYAB
CYAB 021800Z 29005KT 15SM -SHRA FEW006 SCT015 OVC020 05/04 A2994 RMK SC1SC3SC4 VIS N 2 E 4 SW 6 BR SLP142
Decoded METAR for Arctic Bay Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYAB on Thursday 2nd of September 2021 at 18:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 87 days and 2093 hours and -125275 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 5 °C = 41 °F and dew point is 4 °C = 39 °F . This correspond to 93% relative humidity.
QNH is 1014 mb = 29.94 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is 290°.
Clouds : few clouds at 600 ft = 180 m. scattered clouds at 1500 ft = 460 m. overcast at 2000 ft = 610 m.
light intensity shower rain
Remarks : SC1SC3SC4 VIS N 2 E 4 SW 6 mist Sea Level Pressure SLP=142
TAF for Arctic Bay airport - CYAB
CYAB 281838Z 2819/2822 VRB03KT P6SM SCT080 SCT250 BECMG 2819/2821 SCT025 OVC080 RMK NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 301245Z
Decoded TAF for Arctic Bay Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYAB on Saturday 28th of August 2021 at 18:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 92 days and 4 hours and 27 minutes ago. A 3 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Saturday 28th of August 2021 à 19:00 heure TU to Saturday 28th of August 2021 à 19:00 heure UTC
2819/2822 VRB03KT P6SM SCT080 SCT250
Wind 3 kt = 6 km/h, direction is °
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 8000 ft = 2440 m scattered clouds at 25000 ft = 7620 m
becoming from Saturday 28th of August 2021 à 21:00 heure TU to Sunday 29th of August 2021 à 22:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2819/2821 SCT025 OVC080
scattered clouds at 2500 ft = 760 m overcast at 8000 ft = 2440 m
nearest airports to Arctic Bay
- for Pond Inlet airport (CYIO) at 146 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Resolute airport (CYRB) at 224 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Grise Fiord airport (CYGZ) at 239 mile↑
- for Igloolik airport (CYGT) at 262 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Taloyoak airport (CYYH) at 304 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Hall Beach airport (CYUX) at 304 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pelly Bay Townsite airport (CYBB) at 327 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Thule airport (BGTL) at 382 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)