Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Tofino airport (Canada) / ICAO CYAZ/ IATA YAZ
Tofino is located close to Tofino, Tofino at 8 mile↑, Port Albion at 14 mile↑, Ucluelet at 14 mile↑, Bamfield at 34 mile↑, Stewardson Inlet at 34 mile↑, Port Alberni at 45 mile↑, Alberni at 45 mile↑, Cumberland at 50 mile↑, Courtenay at 55 mile↑, Bowser at 56 mile↑,
Elevation : 24 m = 79 ft
- runway 16/34 : 1524 m = 5000 ft
- runway 07/25 : 1524 m = 5000 ft
- runway 11/29 : 1523 m = 4997 ft
aerial view of Tofino
METAR for Tofino airport - CYAZ
CYAZ 220100Z 23009KT 15SM FEW016TCU SCT023 BKN085 17/13 A3017 RMK TCU1SC2AC4 LAST STFD OBS/NXT 221300UTC SLP219 DENSITY ALT 100FT
Decoded METAR for Tofino Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYAZ on Thursday 22nd of July 2021 at 01:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 2 days and 18 hours and 59 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 17 °C = 63 °F and dew point is 13 °C = 55 °F . This correspond to 77% relative humidity.
QNH is 1022 mb = 30.18 inHg
Wind speed is 17 km/h = 9 kt, direction is 230°.
Clouds : few clouds at 1600 ft = 490 m. scattered clouds at 2300 ft = 700 m. broken at 8500 ft = 2590 m.
Remarks : tower cumulus 1SC2AC4 LAST STFD OBS/NXT 221300UTC Sea Level Pressure SLP=219 DENSITY ALT 100FT
TAF for Tofino airport - CYAZ
CYAZ 211838Z 2119/2201 22008KT P6SM SCT020 BKN060 TEMPO 2119/2201 5SM -SHRA BR RMK NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 221445Z
Decoded TAF for Tofino Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYAZ on Wednesday 21st of July 2021 at 18:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 3 days and 1 hours and 21 minutes ago. A 6 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Wednesday 21st of July 2021 à 19:00 heure TU to Thursday 22nd of July 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
2119/2201 22008KT P6SM SCT020 BKN060
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 220°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m broken at 6000 ft = 1830 m
temporarily from Wednesday 21st of July 2021 à 19:00 heure TU to Thursday 22nd of July 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2119/2201 5SM -SHRA BR
Visibility is 8 km = 5 sm.
light intensity shower rain
NOTAM for Tofino Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
nearest airports to Tofino
- for Comox airport (CYQQ) at 59 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Campbell River airport (CYBL) at 64 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Texada Gillies Bay airport (CYGB) at 71 mile↑
- for Powell River airport (CYPW) at 77 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Nanaimo airport (CYCD) at 86 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Quillayute State airport (KUIL) at 97 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Alert Bay airport (CYAL) at 116 mile↑
- for Port Hardy airport (CYZT) at 131 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)