Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Baker Lake airport (Canada) / ICAO CYBK/ IATA YBK
Baker Lake airport (Canada) is located close to Baker Lake, Baker Lake at 2 mile↑, Rankin Inlet at 160 mile↑, Chesterfield Inlet at 177 mile↑, Whale Cove at 183 mile↑, Wager Bay at 190 mile↑, Arviat at 229 mile↑, Ennadai at 266 mile↑, Gjoa Haven at 299 mile, Repulse Bay at 321 mile↑, Kugaaruk at 340 mile↑,
Elevation : 18 m = 59 ft
- runway 16T/34T : 1280 m = 4199 ft
aerial view of Baker Lake
METAR for Baker Lake airport - CYBK
CYBK 102000Z 20011G16KT 20SM FEW020 BKN037 08/04 A2944 RMK SC1SC7 SC TR SLP973
Decoded METAR for Baker Lake Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYBK on Sunday 10th of October 2021 at 20:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 49 days and 1180 hours and -70556 minutes ago.
Visibility is 32 km = 20 sm.
Temperature is 8 °C = 46 °F and dew point is 4 °C = 39 °F . This correspond to 76% relative humidity.
QNH is 997 mb = 29.44 inHg
Wind speed is 20 km/h = 11 kt with gusts at 30 km/h = 16 kt, direction is 200°.
Clouds : few clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m. broken at 3700 ft = 1130 m.
Remarks : SC1SC7 SC TR Sea Level Pressure SLP=973
TAF for Baker Lake airport - CYBK
CYBK 101748Z 1018/1106 22012KT P6SM BKN040 BKN070 TEMPO 1018/1106 BKN020 BKN040 BECMG 1100/1102 32010KT RMK NXT FCST BY 110000Z
Decoded TAF for Baker Lake Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYBK on Sunday 10th of October 2021 at 17:48 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 49 days and 6 hours and 16 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Sunday 10th of October 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Monday 11th of October 2021 à 00:00 heure UTC
1018/1106 22012KT P6SM BKN040 BKN070
Wind 12 kt = 22 km/h, direction is 220°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
broken at 4000 ft = 1220 m broken at 7000 ft = 2130 m
temporarily from Sunday 10th of October 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Monday 11th of October 2021 à 06:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 1018/1106 BKN020 BKN040
broken at 2000 ft = 610 m broken at 4000 ft = 1220 m
becoming from Monday 11th of October 2021 à 02:00 heure TU to Monday 11th of October 2021 à 06:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1100/1102 32010KT
Wind 10 kt = 19 km/h, direction is 320°
nearest airports to Baker Lake
- for Rankin Inlet airport (CYRT) at 159 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Chesterfield Inlet airport (CYCS) at 176 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Whale Cove airport (CYXN) at 179 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Arviat airport (CYEK) at 230 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ennadai Lake airport (CWJC) at 267 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Gjoa Haven airport (CYHK) at 300 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Repulse Bay airport (CYUT) at 322 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pelly Bay Townsite airport (CYBB) at 340 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)