Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Makkovik airport (Canada) / ICAO CYFT/ IATA YMN
Makkovik airport (Canada) is located close to Makkovik, Makkovik at 1 mile↑, Hopedale at 48 mile↑, Rigolet at 69 mile↑, Natuashish at 95 mile↑, Cartwright at 128 mile↑, Happy Valley-Goose Bay at 130 mile↑, Port Hope Simpson at 211 mile↑, Churchill Falls at 222 mile↑, Newfoundland and Labrador at 250 mile↑, Red Bay at 258 mile↑,
Elevation : 71 m = 233 ft
- runway 10/28 : 762 m = 2500 ft
aerial view of Makkovik
METAR for Makkovik airport - CYFT
CYFT 081000Z 21008KT 15SM BKN020 M03/M08 A2999 RMK SC6 SLP164
Decoded METAR for Makkovik Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYFT on Monday 8th of November 2021 at 10:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 21 days and 517 hours and -30210 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is -3 °C = 27 °F and dew point is -8 °C = 18 °F . This correspond to 68% relative humidity.
QNH is 1016 mb = 30 inHg
Wind speed is 15 km/h = 8 kt, direction is 210°.
Clouds : broken at 2000 ft = 610 m.
Remarks : SC6 Sea Level Pressure SLP=164
TAF for Makkovik airport - CYFT
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Goose Bay airport (CYYR) at 211 km↑
nearest airports to Makkovik
- for Hopedale airport (CYHO) at 48 mile↑
- for Cartwright airport (CYCA) at 129 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Goose Bay airport (CYYR) at 131 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Nain airport (CYDP) at 140 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Churchill Falls airport (CZUM) at 224 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Mary's Harbour airport (CYMH) at 235 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lourdes Le Blanc Sablon airport (CYBX) at 264 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for St Augustin airport (CYIF) at 268 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)