Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Geraldton airport (Canada) / OACI CYGQ/ IATA YGQ
Geraldton is located close to Geraldton, Geraldton at 4 miles, Hardrock at 5 miles, Jonesville at 5 miles, Nakina at 29 miles, Macdiarmid at 59 miles, Manitouwadge at 67 miles, Schreiber at 68 miles, Terrace Bay at 69 miles, Rossport at 70 miles, Marathon at 75 miles,
METAR for Geraldton airport - CYGQ
CYGQ 152000Z 06005KT 15SM BKN009 OVC023 M03/M05 A2977 RMK SF5SC3 SLP103
Decoded METAR for Geraldton Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYGQ on Friday 15th of January 2021 at 20:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 50 days and 9 hours and 10 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is -3 °C = 27 °F and dew point is -5 °C = 23 °F . This correspond to 86% relative humidity.
QNH is 1008 mb = 29.77 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is 60°.
Clouds : broken at 900 ft = 270 m. overcast at 2300 ft = 700 m.
Remarks : SF5SC3 Sea Level Pressure SLP=103
TAF for Geraldton airport - CYGQ
CYGQ 151938Z 1520/1608 04005KT P6SM OVC010 TEMPO 1520/1608 5SM -SN OVC007 BECMG 1602/1604 04008G18KT RMK NXT FCST BY 160200Z
Decoded TAF for Geraldton Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYGQ on Friday 15th of January 2021 at 19:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 50 days and 9 hours and 32 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Friday 15th of January 2021 à 20:00 heure TU to Saturday 16th of January 2021 à 02:00 heure UTC
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 40°
overcast at 1000 ft = 300 m.
temporarily from Friday 15th of January 2021 à 20:00 heure TU to Saturday 16th of January 2021 à 08:00 heure UTC
Visibility is 8 km = 5 sm.
overcast at 700 ft = 210 m.
becoming from Saturday 16th of January 2021 à 04:00 heure TU to Saturday 16th of January 2021 à 08:00 heure UTC
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h with gusts at18 kt = 33 km/h, direction is 40°
NOTAM for Geraldton Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
airports around Geraldton
- for Nakina airport (CYQN) at 30 miles↑
- for Manitouwadge airport (CYMG) at 68 miles↑
- for Marathon airport (CYSP) at 76 miles↑METAR & TAF
- for Terrace Bay airport (CYTJ) at 89 miles↑aéroport fermé
- for Armstrong airport (CYYW) at 94 miles↑METAR & TAF
- for Hornepayne Muni airport (CYHN) at 106 miles↑
- for Fort Hope airport (CYFH) at 130 miles↑
- for Thunder Bay airport (CYQT) at 145 miles↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)