Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Waskaganish airport (Canada) / ICAO CYKQ/ IATA YKQ
Waskaganish airport (Canada) is located close to Waskaganish, Waskaganish at 19 mile↑, Eastmain at 55 mile↑, Moosonee at 82 mile↑, Wemindji at 100 mile↑, Nemiscau at 105 mile↑, Matagami at 129 mile↑, Kashechewan at 135 mile↑, Chisasibi at 153 mile↑, Waswanipi at 165 mile↑, Nord-du-Québec at 169 mile↑,
Elevation : 24 m = 79 ft
- runway 06/24 : 1067 m = 3501 ft
aerial view of Waskaganish
METAR for Waskaganish airport - CYKQ
CYKQ 062000Z 31015G27KT 2SM BR OVC009 07/06 A2994 RMK SF8 SLP140
Decoded METAR for Waskaganish Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYKQ on Tuesday 6th of July 2021 at 20:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 25 days and 21 hours and 36 minutes ago.
Visibility is 3 km = 2 sm.
Temperature is 7 °C = 45 °F and dew point is 6 °C = 43 °F . This correspond to 93% relative humidity.
QNH is 1014 mb = 29.94 inHg
Wind speed is 28 km/h = 15 kt with gusts at 50 km/h = 27 kt, direction is 310°.
Clouds : overcast at 900 ft = 270 m.
Remarks : SF8 Sea Level Pressure SLP=140
TAF for Waskaganish airport - CYKQ
CYKQ 091438Z 0915/0921 25008KT P6SM BKN180 BECMG 0919/0921 30010KT RMK NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 111445Z
Decoded TAF for Waskaganish Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYKQ on Friday 9th of July 2021 at 14:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 23 days and 2 hours and 58 minutes ago. A 6 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Friday 9th of July 2021 à 15:00 heure TU to Friday 9th of July 2021 à 19:00 heure UTC
0915/0921 25008KT P6SM BKN180
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 250°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
broken at 18000 ft = 5490 m
becoming from Friday 9th of July 2021 à 21:00 heure TU to Friday 9th of July 2021 à 21:00 heure UTC
BECMG 0919/0921 30010KT
Wind 10 kt = 19 km/h, direction is 300°
NOTAM for Waskaganish Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Non-directional radio beacon / valid from Wednesday 9th of June 2021 at 21:17 to Saturday 4th of September 2021 at 23:59
A) CYKQ B) 2106092117 C) 2109032359
E) WASKAGANISH NDB YKQ 351KHZ UNMONITORED
CREATED: 09 Jun 2021 21:17:00
nearest airports to Waskaganish
- for Eastmain River airport (CZEM) at 53 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Moosonee airport (CYMO) at 81 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Wemindji airport (CYNC) at 106 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Nemiscau airport (CYHH) at 114 mile↑
- for Matagami airport (CYNM) at 125 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Albany airport (CYFA) at 135 mile↑
- for Kashechewan airport (CZKE) at 136 mile↑
- for La Grand Riviere airport (CYGL) at 155 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)