Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Fort Chipewyan airport (Canada) / ICAO CYPY/ IATA YPY
Fort Chipewyan airport (Canada) is located close to Fort Chipewyan, Fort Chipewyan at 3 mile↑, Kenny Woods at 46 mile↑, Fort Smith at 89 mile↑, Goldfields at 105 mile↑, Eldorado at 107 mile↑, Fort MacKay at 111 mile↑, Canada at 128 mile↑, Fort McMurray at 141 mile↑, Fond-du-Lac at 144 mile↑, Draper at 145 mile↑,
Elevation : 232 m = 761 ft
- runway 03/21 : 1524 m = 5000 ft
aerial view of Fort Chipewyan
METAR for Fort Chipewyan airport - CYPY
CYPY 250600Z AUTO 13004KT 9SM CLR 03/02 A2967 RMK SLP059
Decoded METAR for Fort Chipewyan Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYPY on Monday 25th of October 2021 at 06:00 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 1 days and 34 hours and -1435 minutes ago.
Visibility is 14 km = 9 sm.
Temperature is 3 °C = 37 °F and dew point is 2 °C = 36 °F . This correspond to 93% relative humidity.
QNH is 1005 mb = 29.68 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 130°.
Remarks : Sea Level Pressure SLP=059
TAF for Fort Chipewyan airport - CYPY
CYPY 242338Z 2500/2506 16008KT P6SM OVC020 TEMPO 2500/2506 OVC025 RMK FCST BASED ON AUTO OBS. NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 251145Z
Decoded TAF for Fort Chipewyan Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYPY on Monday 25th of October 2021 at 23:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 1 days and 16 hours and 27 minutes ago. A 6 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Monday 25th of October 2021 à 00:00 heure TU to Monday 25th of October 2021 à 06:00 heure UTC
2500/2506 16008KT P6SM OVC020
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 160°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
overcast at 2000 ft = 610 m
temporarily from Monday 25th of October 2021 à 00:00 heure TU to Monday 25th of October 2021 à 06:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2500/2506 OVC025
overcast at 2500 ft = 760 m
nearest airports to Fort Chipewyan
- for Fort Smith airport (CYSM) at 92 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Mackay / Horizon airport (CYNR) at 98 mile↑
- for Uranium City airport (CYBE) at 108 mile↑
- for Fond Du Lac airport (CZFD) at 145 mile↑
- for Fort McMurray airport (CYMM) at 146 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Resolution airport (CYFR) at 189 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Stony Rapids airport (CYSF) at 191 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Hay River airport (CYHY) at 216 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)