Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Thunder Bay airport (Canada) / ICAO CYQT/ IATA YQT
Thunder Bay airport (Canada) is located close to Thunder Bay, Thunder Bay at 2 mile↑, Shuniah Township at 14 mile↑, Neebing at 15 mile↑, Kaministiquia at 16 mile↑, Silver Islet at 23 mile↑, Loon at 31 mile↑, Mackies at 35 mile↑, Shebandowan at 39 mile↑, Rock Harbor Lodge at 42 mile↑, Raith at 42 mile↑,
Elevation : 199 m = 653 ft
- runway 07/25 : 2231 m = 7320 ft
- runway 12/30 : 1615 m = 5299 ft
aerial view of Thunder Bay
METAR for Thunder Bay airport - CYQT
CYQT 221900Z 23005KT 180V290 20SM FEW045 19/06 A3022 RMK SC2 SLP241 DENSITY ALT 1000FT
Decoded METAR for Thunder Bay Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYQT on Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 at 19:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 16 hours and 41 minutes ago.
Visibility is 32 km = 20 sm.
Temperature is 19 °C = 66 °F and dew point is 6 °C = 43 °F . This correspond to 43% relative humidity.
QNH is 1023 mb = 30.21 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is 230°.
Clouds : few clouds at 4500 ft = 1370 m.
Remarks : SC2 Sea Level Pressure SLP=241 DENSITY ALT 1000FT
TAF for Thunder Bay airport - CYQT
CYQT 221938Z 2220/2308 20005KT P6SM FEW050 BECMG 2304/2306 VRB03KT RMK NXT FCST BY 230200Z
Decoded TAF for Thunder Bay Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYQT on Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 at 19:38 UTC, issued 16 hours and 3 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 à 20:00 heure TU to Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 04:00 heure UTC
2220/2308 20005KT P6SM FEW050
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 200°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
few clouds at 5000 ft = 1520 m
becoming from Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 06:00 heure TU to Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 08:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2304/2306 VRB03KT
Wind 3 kt = 6 km/h, direction is °
nearest airports to Thunder Bay
- for Grand Marais airport (KCKC) at 61 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Houghton County Memorial airport (KCMX) at 92 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Terrace Bay airport (CYTJ) at 105 mile↑aéroport fermé
- for Ontonagon Co airport (KOGM) at 105 mile↑
- for Atikokan Muni airport (CYIB) at 109 mile↑
- for Ely Mun airport (KELO) at 122 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Silver Bay airport (KBFW) at 124 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ignace Muni airport (CZUC) at 131 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)