Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Sydney airport (Canada) / ICAO CYQY/ IATA YQY
Sydney airport (Canada) is located close to Sydney, Dominion at 4 mile↑, Glace Bay at 5 mile↑, New Waterford at 6 mile↑, Sydney at 6 mile↑, Broughton at 7 mile↑, Sydney River at 9 mile↑, Donkin at 9 mile↑, Edwardsville at 9 mile↑, Coxheath at 9 mile↑, Sydney Mines at 10 mile↑,
Elevation : 62 m = 203 ft
- runway 06/24 : 2155 m = 7070 ft
- runway 18/36 : 1828 m = 5997 ft
aerial view of Sydney
METAR for Sydney airport - CYQY
CYQY 212200Z 20007KT 15SM FEW240 17/14 A3041 RMK CI2 SLP300
Decoded METAR for Sydney Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYQY on Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 at 22:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 4 days and 98 hours and -5756 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 17 °C = 63 °F and dew point is 14 °C = 57 °F . This correspond to 83% relative humidity.
QNH is 1030 mb = 30.42 inHg
Wind speed is 13 km/h = 7 kt, direction is 200°.
Clouds : few clouds at 24000 ft = 7320 m.
Remarks : CI2 Sea Level Pressure SLP=300
TAF for Sydney airport - CYQY
CYQY 211738Z 2118/2206 24010KT P6SM FEW250 BECMG 2120/2122 22008KT RMK NXT FCST BY 220000Z
Decoded TAF for Sydney Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYQY on Tuesday 21st of September 2021 at 17:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 4 days and 6 hours and 26 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Tuesday 21st of September 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Tuesday 21st of September 2021 à 20:00 heure UTC
2118/2206 24010KT P6SM FEW250
Wind 10 kt = 19 km/h, direction is 240°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
few clouds at 25000 ft = 7620 m
becoming from Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 à 22:00 heure TU to Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 à 06:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2120/2122 22008KT
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 220°
nearest airports to Sydney
- for Port Hawkesbury airport (CYPD) at 72 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Iles De La Madeleine airport (CYGR) at 120 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Trenton airport (CYTN) at 129 mile↑
- for Charlottetown airport (CYYG) at 147 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Stephenville airport (CYJT) at 179 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Summerside airport (CYSU) at 182 mile↑
- for Miquelon airport (LFVM) at 186 mile↑
- for Saint Pierre airport (LFVP) at 189 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)