Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM St Catharines airport (Canada) / ICAO CYSN/ IATA YCM
St Catharines airport (Canada) is located close to St Catharines, Port Weller at 4 mile↑, St. Catharines at 4 mile↑, Port Dalhousie at 5 mile↑, Thorold at 5 mile↑, Stamford at 5 mile↑, Queenston at 6 mile↑, Niagara-on-the-Lake at 7 mile↑, Lewiston at 7 mile↑, Youngstown at 7 mile↑, Niagara Falls at 8 mile↑,
Elevation : 98 m = 322 ft
- runway 06/24 : 1524 m = 5000 ft
- runway 01/19 : 762 m = 2500 ft
- runway 11/29 : 610 m = 2001 ft
aerial view of St Catharines
METAR for St Catharines airport - CYSN
CYSN 031900Z 21007KT 8SM -RA FEW009 BKN026 20/19 A2984 RMK SF1SC7 CIG RAG SLP105 DENSITY ALT 1200FT
Decoded METAR for St Catharines Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYSN on Sunday 3rd of October 2021 at 19:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 22 days and 548 hours and -31674 minutes ago.
Visibility is 13 km = 8 sm.
Temperature is 20 °C = 68 °F and dew point is 19 °C = 66 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1010 mb = 29.83 inHg
Wind speed is 13 km/h = 7 kt, direction is 210°.
Clouds : few clouds at 900 ft = 270 m. broken at 2600 ft = 790 m.
Remarks : SF1SC7 CIG rain G Sea Level Pressure SLP=105 DENSITY ALT 1200FT
TAF for St Catharines airport - CYSN
CYSN 031942Z 0320/0401 21005KT 5SM -RA BR OVC007 TEMPO 0320/0322 P6SM NSW SCT007 OVC025 FM032200 21012KT 11/2SM -DZ BR OVC005 TEMPO 0322/0401 6SM BR OVC010 RMK NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 041245Z
Decoded TAF for St Catharines Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYSN on Sunday 3rd of October 2021 at 19:42 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 22 days and 19 hours and 24 minutes ago. A 5 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Sunday 3rd of October 2021 à 20:00 heure TU to Monday 4th of October 2021 à 22:00 heure UTC
0320/0401 21005KT 5SM -RA BR OVC007
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 210°
Visibility is 8 km = 5 sm.
overcast at 700 ft = 210 m
temporarily from Sunday 3rd of October 2021 à 20:00 heure TU to Monday 4th of October 2021 à 22:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 0320/0322 P6SM NSW SCT007 OVC025
no significant weather
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 700 ft = 210 m overcast at 2500 ft = 760 m
from Monday 4th of October 2021 à 22:00 heure TU to Monday 4th of October 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
FM032200 21012KT 11/2SM -DZ BR OVC005
Wind 12 kt = 22 km/h, direction is 210°
Visibility is 2 km = 2 sm.
light intensity drizzle
overcast at 500 ft = 150 m
temporarily from Monday 4th of October 2021 à 22:00 heure TU to Monday 4th of October 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 0322/0401 6SM BR OVC010
Visibility is 10 km = 6 sm.
overcast at 1000 ft = 300 m
nearest airports to St Catharines
- for Niagara Falls airport (KIAG) at 13 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Buffalo Niagara Intl airport (KBUF) at 28 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Toronto City Centre airport (CYTZ) at 32 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Buffalo Lancaster Regional airport (KBQR) at 34 mile↑
- for Burlington Airpark airport (CZBA) at 38 mile↑
- for Hamilton airport (CYHM) at 38 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Toronto Lester airport (CYYZ) at 41 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Toronto Downsview airport (CYZD) at 41 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)