Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Cape Dorset airport (Canada) / OACI CYTE/ IATA YTE
Cape Dorset is located close to Cape Dorset, Cape Dorset at 1 mile↑, Ivujivik at 132 mile↑, Salluit at 143 mile↑, Coral Harbour at 200 mile↑, Kimmirut at 226 mile↑, Kangiqsujuaq at 232 mile↑, Akulivik at 243 mile↑, Iqaluit at 245 mile↑, Puvirnituq at 291 mile↑, Quaqtaq at 311 mile↑,
Elevation : 50 m = 164 ft
- runway 13T/31T : 1219 m = 4000 ft
aerial view of Cape Dorset
METAR for Cape Dorset airport - CYTE
CYTE 171717Z 06023G30KT 1/2SM -SN BLSN VV008 M06/M07 A2972 RMK SN8 SLP072
Decoded METAR for Cape Dorset Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYTE on Monday 17th of May 2021 at 17:17 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 38 days and 1 hours and 44 minutes ago.
Visibility is 1 km = 1 sm.
Temperature is -6 °C = 21 °F and dew point is -7 °C = 19 °F . This correspond to 93% relative humidity.
QNH is 1006 mb = 29.71 inHg
Wind speed is 43 km/h = 23 kt with gusts at 56 km/h = 30 kt, direction is 60°.
Clouds : VV800 ft = 240 m.
Remarks : snow 8 Sea Level Pressure SLP=072
TAF for Cape Dorset airport - CYTE
CYTE 171446Z 1714/1801 07025G35KT 1/2SM SHSN BLSN VV005 TEMPO 1714/1801 2SM -SHSN OVC015 BECMG 1716/1718 06030G40KT RMK NXT FCST BY 171900Z
Decoded TAF for Cape Dorset Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYTE on Monday 17th of May 2021 at 14:46 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 38 days and 4 hours and 15 minutes ago. A 11 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Monday 17th of May 2021 à 14:00 heure TU to Monday 17th of May 2021 à 16:00 heure UTC
1714/1801 07025G35KT 1/2SM SHSN BLSN VV005
Wind 25 kt = 46 km/h with gusts at 35 kt = 65 km/h, direction is 70°
Visibility is 1 km = 1 sm.
VV500 ft = 150 m
temporarily from Monday 17th of May 2021 à 14:00 heure TU to Tuesday 18th of May 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 1714/1801 2SM -SHSN OVC015
Visibility is 3 km = 2 sm.
light shower snow
overcast at 1500 ft = 460 m
becoming from Monday 17th of May 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Tuesday 18th of May 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1716/1718 06030G40KT
Wind 30 kt = 56 km/h with gusts at 40 kt = 74 km/h, direction is 60°
NOTAM for Cape Dorset Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
nearest airports to Cape Dorset
- for Ivujivik airport (CYIK) at 133 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Salluit airport (CYZG) at 144 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Coral Harbour airport (CYZS) at 205 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lake Harbour (Kimmirut?) airport (CYLC) at 226 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kangiqsujjuaq Wakeham Bay airport (CYKG) at 233 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Akulivik airport (CYKO) at 241 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Iqaluit airport (CYFB) at 244 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Puvernituq airport (CYPX) at 290 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)