Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Calgary airport (Canada) / ICAO CYYC/ IATA YYC
Calgary airport (Canada) is located close to Calgary, Beddington at 3 mile↑, Calgary at 5 mile↑, Forest Lawn at 6 mile↑, Rocky View at 6 mile↑, Montgomery at 7 mile↑, Balzac at 7 mile, Keith at 10 mile↑, Chestermere at 10 mile↑, Airdrie at 13 mile↑, Midnapore at 14 mile↑,
Elevation : 1084 m = 3556 ft
- runway 17L/35R : 4267 m = 13999 ft
- runway 17R/35L : 3863 m = 12674 ft
- runway 11/29 : 2438 m = 7999 ft
- runway 08/26 : 1890 m = 6201 ft
aerial view of Calgary
METAR for Calgary airport - CYYC
CYYC 170500Z 16009KT 15SM FEW250 08/M01 A2973 RMK CI2 SLP088 DENSITY ALT 3800FT
Decoded METAR for Calgary Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYYC on Sunday 17th of October 2021 at 05:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 4 days and 105 hours and -5751 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 8 °C = 46 °F and dew point is -1 °C = 30 °F . This correspond to 53% relative humidity.
QNH is 1007 mb = 29.74 inHg
Wind speed is 17 km/h = 9 kt, direction is 160°.
Clouds : few clouds at 25000 ft = 7620 m.
Remarks : CI2 Sea Level Pressure SLP=088 DENSITY ALT 3800FT
TAF for Calgary airport - CYYC
CYYC 170238Z 1703/1724 VRB03KT P6SM FEW100 BECMG 1703/1705 20008KT BECMG 1720/1722 24008KT RMK NXT FCST BY 170600Z
Decoded TAF for Calgary Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYYC on Sunday 17th of October 2021 at 02:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 4 days and 11 hours and 31 minutes ago. A 21 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Sunday 17th of October 2021 à 03:00 heure TU to Sunday 17th of October 2021 à 03:00 heure UTC
1703/1724 VRB03KT P6SM FEW100
Wind 3 kt = 6 km/h, direction is °
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
few clouds at 10000 ft = 3050 m
becoming from Sunday 17th of October 2021 à 05:00 heure TU to Sunday 17th of October 2021 à 20:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1703/1705 20008KT
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 200°
becoming from Monday 18th of October 2021 à 22:00 heure TU to Monday 18th of October 2021 à 00:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1720/1722 24008KT
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 240°
nearest airports to Calgary
- for Calgary Springbank airport (CYBW) at 15 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Banff airport (CYBA) at 66 mile↑
- for Red Deer Industrial airport (CYQF) at 74 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Sparwood Elk Valley airport (CYSW) at 96 mile↑
- for Fairmount Hot Springs airport (CYCZ) at 97 mile↑
- for Rocky Mountain House airport (CYRM) at 98 mile↑
- for Cowley airport (CYYM) at 102 mile↑
- for Pincher Creek airport (CZPC) at 110 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)