Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Cotonou airport (Benin) / ICAO DBBB/ IATA COO
Cotonou airport (Benin) is located close to Cotonou, Fidjrosse-Kpota at 1 mile↑, Cotonou at 2 mile↑, Godomè at 3 mile↑, Abomey-Calavi at 7 mile↑, Porto-Novo at 18 mile↑, Ouidah at 21 mile↑, Allada at 27 mile↑, Idi Iroko at 31 mile↑, Sakete at 32 mile↑, Badagry at 35 mile↑,
Elevation : 6 m = 20 ft
- runway 06/24 : 2400 m = 7874 ft
aerial view of Cotonou
METAR for Cotonou airport - DBBB
DBBB 222200Z 23004KT 9999 FEW011 24/24 Q1012 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Cotonou Airport (Benin)
METAR issued by DBBB on Thursday 23rd of September 2021 at 22:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 4 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 24 °C = 75 °F and dew point is 24 °C = 75 °F . This correspond to 100% relative humidity.
QNH is 1012 mb = 29.88 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 230°.
Clouds : few clouds at 1100 ft = 340 m.
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Cotonou airport - DBBB
DBBB 221700Z 2218/2324 22010KT 8000 SCT012 TEMPO 2303/2309 VRB03KT PROB30 2306/2312 4000 TSRA BKN009 FEW023CB
Decoded TAF for Cotonou Airport (Benin)
TAF issued by DBBB on Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 at 17:00 UTC, issued 9 hours and 27 minutes ago. A 30 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Wednesday 22nd of September 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Friday 24th of September 2021 à 00:00 heure UTC
2218/2324 22010KT 8000 SCT012
Wind 10 kt = 19 km/h, direction is 220°
Visibility is 8 km = 5 mile.
scattered clouds at 1200 ft = 370 m
temporarily from Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 03:00 heure TU to Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 09:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2303/2309 VRB03KT
Wind 3 kt = 6 km/h, direction is °
probability of 30% to have from Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 06:00 heure TU to Thursday 23rd of September 2021 à 12:00 heure UTC
PROB30 2306/2312 4000 TSRA BKN009 FEW023CB
Visibility is 4 km = 2 mile.
broken at 900 ft = 270 m few clouds at 2300 ft = 700 m
nearest airports to Cotonou
- for Cana Bouhicon airport (DBBC) at 58 mile↑
- for Lagos Murtala Muhammed airport (DNMM) at 66 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lome Tokoin airport (DXXX) at 79 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Save airport (DBBS) at 115 mile↑
- for Atakpame Akpaka airport (DXAK) at 121 mile↑
- for Anie Kolokope airport (DXKP) at 125 mile↑
- for Ibadan airport (DNIB) at 130 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Oshogbo airport (DNOS) at 174 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)