Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Yaounde Nsimalen airport (Cameroon) / ICAO FKYS/ IATA NSI
Yaounde Nsimalen airport (Cameroon) is located close to Yaoundé, Nsimalen at 1 mile↑, Mvan at 7 mile↑, Yaounde at 10 mile↑, Mbankomo at 12 mile↑, Mbalmayo at 15 mile↑, Okoa at 18 mile↑, Akono at 22 mile↑, Okola at 23 mile↑, Obala at 31 mile↑, Evodoula at 35 mile↑,
Elevation : 694 m = 2277 ft
- runway 01/19 : 3400 m = 11155 ft
aerial view of Yaounde Nsimalen
METAR for Yaounde Nsimalen airport - FKYS
FKYS 130800Z 25005KT 6000 SCT011 23/22 Q1019 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Yaounde Nsimalen Airport (Cameroon)
METAR issued by FKYS on Thursday 13th of January 2022 at 08:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 7 days and 170 hours and -10058 minutes ago.
Visibility is 6 km = 4 mile.
Temperature is 23 °C = 73 °F and dew point is 22 °C = 72 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1019 mb = 30.09 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is 250°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 1100 ft = 340 m.
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Yaounde Nsimalen airport - FKYS
FKYS 130500Z 1306/1412 21005KT 8000 FEW003 BKN006 TEMPO 1306/1308 3000 BR BECMG 1307/1309 BKN016 PROB30 1309/1315 4000 HZ
Decoded TAF for Yaounde Nsimalen Airport (Cameroon)
TAF issued by FKYS on Thursday 13th of January 2022 at 05:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 7 days and 5 hours and 22 minutes ago. A 30 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 07:00 heure UTC
1306/1412 21005KT 8000 FEW003 BKN006
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 210°
Visibility is 8 km = 5 mile.
few clouds at 300 ft = 90 m broken at 600 ft = 180 m
temporarily from Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 08:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 1306/1308 3000 BR
Visibility is 3 km = 2 mile.
becoming from Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 09:00 heure TU to Friday 14th of January 2022 à 12:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1307/1309 BKN016
broken at 1600 ft = 490 m
probability of 30% to have from Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 09:00 heure TU to Thursday 13th of January 2022 à 15:00 heure UTC
PROB30 1309/1315 4000 HZ
Visibility is 4 km = 2 mile.
nearest airports to Yaounde Nsimalen
- for Yaounde Ville airport (FKKY) at 8 mile↑
- for Eseka airport (FKKE) at 53 mile↑
- for Ebolowa airport (FKKW) at 64 mile↑
- for Bafia airport (FKAF) at 76 mile↑
- for Bitam airport (FOOB) at 114 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Abong M'bang airport (FKAG) at 115 mile↑
- for Minvoul airport (FOGV) at 116 mile↑
- for Kribi airport (FKKB) at 123 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)