Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Dakar Yoff airport (Senegal) / ICAO GOOY/ IATA DKR
Dakar Yoff airport (Senegal) is located close to Dakar, Terme Sud at 1 mile↑, Ouakam at 1 mile↑, Yof at 2 mile↑, Mermoz Boabab at 2 mile↑, Grand Dakar at 3 mile↑, Dakar at 4 mile↑, Central Dakar at 6 mile↑, Pikine at 6 mile↑, Sébikhotane at 23 mile↑, Thies at 26 mile↑,
Elevation : 26 m = 85 ft
- runway 18/36 : 3490 m = 11450 ft
- runway 03/21 : 1483 m = 4865 ft
aerial view of Dakar Yoff
METAR for Dakar Yoff airport - GOOY
GOOY 181900Z 36006KT 8000 NSC 24/21 Q1013
Decoded METAR for Dakar Yoff Airport (Senegal)
METAR issued by GOOY on Tuesday 18th of January 2022 at 19:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 3 days and 95 hours and -4296 minutes ago.
Visibility is 8 km = 5 mile.
Temperature is 24 °C = 75 °F and dew point is 21 °C = 70 °F . This correspond to 83% relative humidity.
QNH is 1013 mb = 29.91 inHg
Wind speed is 11 km/h = 6 kt, direction is 360°.
No clouds below 5000 ft or below the minimum sector altitude. No cumulonimbus or budding cumulus, regardless of their altitude (No Significant Clouds).
TAF for Dakar Yoff airport - GOOY
GOOY 181700Z 1818/1924 36008KT CAVOK
Decoded TAF for Dakar Yoff Airport (Senegal)
TAF issued by GOOY on Tuesday 18th of January 2022 at 17:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 4 days and 1 hours and 24 minutes ago. A 30 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Tuesday 18th of January 2022 à 18:00 heure TU to Thursday 20th of January 2022 à 00:00 heure UTC
1818/1924 36008KT CAVOK
CAVOK = Ceiling And Visibility OK, visibility is more than 10 km, no clouds below 5000 ft or below the minimum sector altitude. No cumulonimbus or budding cumulus, regardless of their altitude and no Significant Weather
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 360°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
nearest airports to Dakar Yoff
- for Blaise Diagne International airport (GOBD) at 28 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kaolack airport (GOOK) at 105 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Banjul (Yundum) airport (GBYD) at 112 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Saint Louis airport (GOSS) at 114 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Richard Toll airport (GOSR) at 169 mile↑
- for Cap Skiring airport (GOGS) at 169 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ziguinchor airport (GOGG) at 171 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kolda North airport (GODK) at 212 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)