Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC China Lakes NAWS airport (USA) / ICAO KNID
China Lakes NAWS airport (USA) is located close to China Lake, Ridgecrest at 5 mile↑, China Lake Acres at 5 mile↑, Inyokern at 7 mile↑, Spangler at 16 mile↑, Searles Valley at 17 mile↑, Talus at 32 mile↑, Weldon at 34 mile↑, Kernville at 41 mile↑, California City at 42 mile↑, Wofford Heights at 43 mile↑,
Elevation : 696 m = 2283 ft
- runway 03/21 : 3045 m = 9990 ft
- runway 14/32 : 2747 m = 9012 ft
- runway 08/26 : 2347 m = 7700 ft
aerial view of China Lakes NAWS
METAR for China Lakes NAWS airport - KNID
KNID 220156Z AUTO 36017G27KT 10SM CLR 13/M09 A3010 RMK AO2 PK WND 36027/0149 SLP196 T01331089 $
Decoded METAR for China Lakes NAWS Airport (USA)
METAR issued by KNID on Saturday 22nd of January 2022 at 01:56 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 4 days and 118 hours and -5757 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 13 °C = 55 °F and dew point is -9 °C = 16 °F . This correspond to 21% relative humidity.
QNH is 1019 mb = 30.09 inHg
Wind speed is 31 km/h = 17 kt with gusts at 50 km/h = 27 kt, direction is 360°.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Peak wind 36027/0149 Sea Level Pressure SLP=196 T01331089 $
TAF for China Lakes NAWS airport - KNID
KNID 2201/2223 36020G30KT 9999 VCBLDU FEW100 QNH3004INS WND 330V040 TEMPO 2215/2220 35025G35KT 3200 BLDU SCT005 SCT100 BECMG 2221/2223 01015G25KT 9999 NSW SKC QNH3002INS WND 340V050 LAST NO AMDS AFT 2202 NEXT 2415 T07/2214Z T20/2223Z AMD 0110
Decoded TAF for China Lakes NAWS Airport (USA)
TAF issued by KNID on Thursday 1st of January 1970 at 00:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 19018 days and 23 hours and 59 minutes ago. A 22 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Saturday 22nd of January 2022 à 01:00 heure TU to Sunday 23rd of January 2022 à 23:00 heure UTC
2201/2223 36020G30KT 9999 VCBLDU FEW100 QNH3004INS
Wind 20 kt = 37 km/h with gusts at 30 kt = 56 km/h, direction is 360°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
VC blowing dust
few clouds at 10000 ft = 3050 m
nearest airports to China Lakes NAWS
- for Inyokern airport (KIYK) at 8 mile↑
- for Mojave airport (KMHV) at 50 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Edwards Air Force Base airport (KEDW) at 55 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Tehachapi Mun airport (KTSP) at 57 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ft Irwin Barstow airport (KBYS) at 66 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Gen Fox airport (KWJF) at 72 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Palmdale AF Plant 42 airport (KPMD) at 76 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Barstow Daggett airport (KDAG) at 77 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)