Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Metzada airport (Israel) / ICAO LLMZ/ IATA MTZ
Small desert airfield located in the southern Judean Desert, between Arad and Ein Gedi, west of the Dead Sea. Opened in 1963, it is just 4.2 km from the access to Masada Fortress and about an hour and a half drive from Jerusalem, Israel. The aerodrome is a public concession, mainly used as an alternate airport, as well as for charter and tourist flights. Located 378m below mean sea level, Bar Yehuda aerodrome is the lowest airport in the world.
This airport is located below sea level. It is one of the lowest airports in the world.
Metzada airport (Israel) is located close to Masada, En Boqeq at 9 mile↑, Al Karmil at 16 mile↑, Khallat al Mayyah at 16 mile↑, Khallat Salih at 17 mile↑, Bani Naim at 19 mile↑, Arab ar Rashaydah at 19 mile↑, Al Hilah at 19 mile↑, As Samu at 20 mile↑, Yuta at 20 mile↑, Khallat ad Dar at 20 mile↑,
Elevation : -386 m = -1266 ft
- runway 01/19 : 1200 m = 3937 ft
aerial view of Metzada
METAR for Metzada airport - LLMZ
No METAR for Metzada airport, but aviation weather is available at for Amman Queen Alia airport (OJAI) at 72 km↑
TAF for Metzada airport - LLMZ
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Amman Queen Alia airport (OJAI) at 72 km↑
NOTAM for Metzada Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
nearest airports to Metzada
- for Nevatim airport (LLNV) at 24 mile↑
- for Jerusalem International airport (OJJR) at 38 mile↑aéroport fermé
- for Jerusalem International airport (LLJR) at 38 mile↑aéroport fermé
- for Beer Sheeba Teyman airport (LLBS) at 39 mile↑
- for Beet Sheeba Hatzerim airport (LLHB) at 43 mile↑
- for Amman Queen Alia airport (OJAI) at 45 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Tel Nof airport (LLEK) at 49 mile↑
- for Hatzor airport (LLHS) at 49 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)