Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Mattala Rajapaksa International airport (Sri Lanka) / ICAO VCRI/ IATA HRI
Mattala Rajapaksa International airport (Sri Lanka) is located close to Hambantota at 11 mile↑, Tangalla at 29 mile↑, Haputale at 35 mile↑, Wattegama at 43 mile↑, Monaragala at 43 mile↑, Weragampita at 46 mile↑, Pallimulla at 46 mile↑, Matara at 47 mile↑, Badulla at 49 mile↑, Venture Colony at 52 mile↑,
Elevation : 48 m = 157 ft
- runway 05/23 : 3500 m = 11483 ft
aerial view of Mattala Rajapaksa International
METAR for Mattala Rajapaksa International airport - VCRI
VCRI 211110Z 16007KT 120V190 9000 FEW018 28/23 Q1009 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (Sri Lanka)
METAR issued by VCRI on Friday 21st of January 2022 at 11:10 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 5 days and 131 hours and -7150 minutes ago.
Visibility is 9 km = 6 mile.
Temperature is 28 °C = 82 °F and dew point is 23 °C = 73 °F . This correspond to 74% relative humidity.
QNH is 1009 mb = 29.8 inHg
Wind speed is 13 km/h = 7 kt, direction is 160°.
Clouds : few clouds at 1800 ft = 550 m.
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Mattala Rajapaksa International airport - VCRI
VCRI 211100Z 2112/2218 VRB05KT 9000 FEW018 TX33/2208Z TN22/2200Z TEMPO 2123/2203 8000
Decoded TAF for Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (Sri Lanka)
TAF issued by VCRI on Friday 21st of January 2022 at 11:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 5 days and 12 hours and 0 minutes ago. A 30 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Friday 21st of January 2022 à 12:00 heure TU to Saturday 22nd of January 2022 à 18:00 heure UTC
2112/2218 VRB05KT 9000 FEW018 TX33/2208Z TN22/2200Z
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is °
Visibility is 9 km = 6 mile.
few clouds at 1800 ft = 550 m
temporarily from Saturday 22nd of January 2022 à 23:00 heure TU to Saturday 22nd of January 2022 à 03:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2123/2203 8000
Visibility is 8 km = 5 mile.
nearest airports to Mattala Rajapaksa International
- for Wirawila airport (VCCW) at 8 mile↑
- for Koggala airport (VCCK) at 59 mile↑
- for Galoya airport (VCCG) at 81 mile↑
- for Katukurunda Air Force Base airport (VCCN) at 81 mile↑
- for Colombu Ratmalana airport (VCCC) at 93 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Colombo Bandaranaike airport (VCBI) at 105 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Batticaloa airport (VCCB) at 105 mile↑
- for Sigiriya Air Force Base airport (VCCS) at 119 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)