One of our favorite getaways: a very lively city, a superb beach of more than a kilometer of seafront and the exotic atmosphere of Spain in general and the Spanish Basque country in particular. The whole thing has barely 2 hours of highway from Tarbes!
Bathed by the waters of the Cantabrian Sea, at the mouth of the Urumea river, it owes a large part of its fame to its harbor, La Concha bay, framed by two rocky eminences, the Igeldo and Urgull mountains, veritable balconies. natural where you can see a large part of the city, the ocean and the surrounding hilly landscapes. The city counts on the presence of many monuments (Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, Basilica of Saint Mary of the Choir, Miramar Palace, María Cristina Bridge, Atocha bullring, Constitution square and picturesque streets of the historic center), museums (museum science, whaling, Chillida-Leku museum) and an aquarium. The Kursaal Palace is characteristic of contemporary architecture.
- Nearest hotels
- Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra (San Sebastian) at 780 ft↑ book
- Aquarium de Donostia-San Sebastián (San Sebastian) at 3130 ft↑
- Sercotel Codina (San Sebastian) at 1 miles↑ book
- Hotel NH Collection San Sebastián Aránzazu (San Sebastián) at 1 miles↑ book
- Eureka! Zientzia Museoa (San Sebastiàn) at 2 miles↑
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz at 17 miles↑
- Hôtel Txoko (Saint-Jean-de-Luz) at 17 miles↑ book
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso & Spa (Saint-Jean-de-Luz) at 17 miles↑ book
- for San-Sebastian airport at 10 miles↑