Maison natale du Maréchal Foch (Tarbes)
In the heart of the city of Tarbes, in the historic district, near the cathedral of Sède is the birthplace of Maréchal Foch.
This Bigourdan-style residence, located in the heart of the city in the historic district, near the cathedral of Tarbes brings together memories of the Marshal and his family.
At the end of the 1914-1918 war, a plaque recalls that the "generalissimo" of the Allied armies was born there. Listed as a Historic Monument in 1938, this house became a museum in 1951. On March 1, 2008, it was the subject of a transfer of ownership from the State to the city of Tarbes.
An 18th century Bigourdane house, it has a particular architectural interest: with its exterior gallery with balusters, valances and windows with marble frames. Inside, there is a beautiful carved wooden staircase imitating 17th century ironwork. It was in this intimate setting that Ferdinand Foch spent the first twelve years of his life. The family home now houses the officer's personal items and memorabilia. Portraits evoke the man of war, Marshal of France, Great Britain and Poland. The collections bring together memories of the Marshal or his family retracing his personal itinerary and his public life as Marshal of France. A room is devoted to the recognition of the allied countries.
Polytechnician, artilleryman by training and professor of war tactics, he is remembered as one of the greatest figures of the First World War, the one who led the allies to victory.
Marshal Foch passed away on March 20, 1929 in Paris, leaving the memory of worldwide recognition.
- Nearest hotels
- Tarbes at 0 mile↑
- Hôtel de ville (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Quartier Larrey (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Jardin Massey (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Quartier de l'Arsenal (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- La Gespe (Tarbes) at 1 mile↑
- Avenue de la Marne et Bout du Pont (Tarbes) at 1 mile↑
- L'épicerie (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Le Vestaire (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- La Table Gourmande (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Le Monocle (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- L'Ambroisie (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Hôtel Henri IV (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑ book
- Lycée Théophile Gautier (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Le Fil A La Patte (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Hong Kong (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- for Tarbes-Laloubere airport at 1 mile↑
- for Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées airport at 5 mile↑
News et spectacles à Tarbes
Sunday 20th of September 2020
Sunday 28th of June 2020
Tuesday 2nd of June 2020