Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Narsarsuaq airport (Greenland) / ICAO BGBW/ IATA UAK
Airport located in a fjord with peaks on the approach path.
This airport is in an unusual configuration. It is part of private or dangerous airports.
Narsarsuaq airport (Greenland) is located close to Narsarsuaq, Narsarsuaq at 1 mile↑, Narsaq at 27 mile↑, Kujalleq at 37 mile↑, Qaqortoq at 37 mile↑, Nanortalik at 71 mile↑, Kangilinnguit at 89 mile↑, Ivittuut at 91 mile↑, Paamiut at 151 mile↑, Sermersooq at 289 mile↑, Nuuk at 289 mile↑,
Elevation : 34 m = 112 ft
- runway 07/25 : 1830 m = 6004 ft
aerial view of Narsarsuaq
METAR for Narsarsuaq airport - BGBW
BGBW 301350Z 08003KT 020V140 9999 -SN FEW008 SCT010 BKN016 01/M01 Q1019
Decoded METAR for Narsarsuaq Airport (Greenland)
METAR issued by BGBW on Tuesday 30th of November 2021 at 13:50 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 3 days and 77 hours and -4312 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 1 °C = 34 °F and dew point is -1 °C = 30 °F . This correspond to 86% relative humidity.
QNH is 1019 mb = 30.09 inHg
Wind speed is 6 km/h = 3 kt, direction is 80°.
Clouds : few clouds at 800 ft = 240 m. scattered clouds at 1000 ft = 300 m. broken at 1600 ft = 490 m.
TAF for Narsarsuaq airport - BGBW
BGBW 300809Z 3009/3018 VRB05KT 5000 -SN FEW006 SCT010 BKN020 TEMPO 24005KT 2500 BKN006
Decoded TAF for Narsarsuaq Airport (Greenland)
TAF issued by BGBW on Tuesday 30th of November 2021 at 08:09 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 3 days and 10 hours and 49 minutes ago. A 9 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Tuesday 30th of November 2021 à 09:00 heure TU to Tuesday 30th of November 2021 à 18:00 heure UTC
3009/3018 VRB05KT 5000 -SN FEW006 SCT010 BKN020
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is °
Visibility is 5 km = 3 mile.
few clouds at 600 ft = 180 m scattered clouds at 1000 ft = 300 m broken at 2000 ft = 610 m
temporarily from Thursday 1st of January 1970 à 00:00 heure TU to Thursday 1st of January 1970 à 00:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 24005KT 2500 BKN006
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 240°
Visibility is 3 km = 2 mile.
broken at 600 ft = 180 m
nearest airports to Narsarsuaq
- for Paamiut airport (BGPT) at 151 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Nuuk airport (BGGH) at 288 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Maniitsoq airport (BGMQ) at 375 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kulusuk airport (BGKK) at 398 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kangerlussuaq airport (BGSF) at 434 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Sisimiut airport (BGSS) at 471 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Aaisiaat airport (BGAA) at 564 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Illulissat airport (BGJN) at 581 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)