Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Qaanaaq airport (Greenland) / OACI BGQQ/ IATA NAQ
This airport is located near the North Pole. It is one of the northernmost airports in the world.
Qaanaaq is located close to Qaanaaq, Qaanaaq at 1 mile↑, Dundas at 64 mile↑, Pond Inlet at 363 mile↑, Upernavik at 399 mile↑, Arctic Bay at 412 mile↑, Resolute at 460 mile↑, Clyde River at 485 mile↑, Isachsen at 485 mile↑, Qaarsut at 560 mile↑, Uummannaq at 568 mile↑,
16 m = 52 ft
- runway 17/35 : 900 m = 2953 ft
aerial view of Qaanaaq
METAR for Qaanaaq airport - BGQQ
No METAR for Qaanaaq airport, but aviation weather is available at for Thule airport (BGTL) at 108 km↑
TAF for Qaanaaq airport - BGQQ
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Thule airport (BGTL) at 108 km↑
NOTAM for Qaanaaq Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Firefighting and rescue / valid from Thursday 22nd of October 2020 at 12:05 to Thursday 15th of July 2021 at 18:30
Q) BGGL/QFFLT/IV/NBO/A /000/999/7729N06923W005
A) BGQQ B) 2010221205 C) 2107151830
E) SEA RESCUE SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE.
CREATED: 01 May 2021 12:46:00
NOTAM Aerodrome / valid from Friday 23rd of April 2021 at 19:36 to Saturday 15th of May 2021 at 16:00
Q) BGGL/QFAXX/IV/NBO/A /000/999/7729N06923W005
A) BGQQ B) 2104231936 C) 2105151600 EST
E) COVID-19. BASED ON DECISION TAKEN BY THE GREENLANDIC AUTHORITIES.
IN CONNECTION WITH NON-SCHEDULED FLIGHTS FROM ABROAD, BGQQ AFIS
MUST BE CONTACTED ON TELEPHONE 00299 38 27 75 FOR SUBMISSION OF A
SPECIAL FILL IN FORM WHICH MUST BE FILLED OUT AND RETURNED BEFORE
COMMENCING THE FLIGHT. OVERNIGHT STAYS FOR OTHER THAN TECHNICAL
REASONS CAN NOT BE ALLOWED.
CREATED: 23 Apr 2021 19:39:00
NOTAM Runway / valid from Thursday 25th of March 2021 at 14:51 to Monday 31st of May 2021 at 18:30
Q) BGGL/QMRXX/IV/NBO/A /000/999/7729N06923W001
A) BGQQ B) 2103251451 C) 2105311830
E) DUE TO DIFFERENCE IN SURFACE LEVEL. A 7 METER LONG SLOPE, 0.8
DEGREE INCLINE ON THE RWY. STARTING 220 METERS FROM RWY 17 EDGE
CREATED: 25 Mar 2021 15:05:00
nearest airports to Qaanaaq
- for Thule airport (BGTL) at 67 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Grise Fiord airport (CYGZ) at 223 mile↑
- for Eureka airport (CYEU) at 280 mile↑
- for Alert airport (CYLT) at 357 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pond Inlet airport (CYIO) at 365 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Upernavik airport (BGUK) at 399 mile↑
- for Arctic Bay airport (CYAB) at 412 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Resolute airport (CYRB) at 461 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)