Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
Aviation weather for Thule airport in Thule Greenland / ICAO BGTL IATA THU
This airport is located near the North Pole. It is one of the northernmost airports in the world.
Thule airport (Greenland) is located near Thule, Dundas in 3 mi↑, Qaanaaq in 66 mi↑, Pond Inlet in 314 mi↑, Upernavik in 344 mi↑, Arctic Bay in 382 mi↑, Clyde River in 419 mi↑, Resolute in 462 mi↑, Qaarsut in 505 mi↑, Uummannaq in 514 mi↑, Isachsen in 528 mi↑, Igloolik in 558 mi↑, Qeqertarsuaq in 586 mi↑,
Elevation : 77 m = 253 ft
- runway 08/26 : 3047 m = 9997 ft
- runway 08T/26T : 3047 m = 9997 ft
aerial view of Thule
METAR for Thule airport - BGTL
BGTL 060256Z AUTO 00000KT 0400 R08/0650V0900 FG VV001 03/ A2971 RMK AO2 SLP044 57009 TSNO $
Decoded METAR for Thule Airport (Greenland)
METAR issued by BGTL on Friday, August 5, 2022 at 02:56 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 5 days and 125 hours and -7153 minutes ago.
Visibility is 0 km = 0 mi, there's fog.
Temperature is 3 °C = 37 °F and dew point is °C = °C . This correspond to 81% relative humidity.
QNH is 1006 mb = 29.71 inHg
Wind speed is 0 km/h = 0 kt, direction is 0°.
Clouds : VV100 ft = 30 m.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Sea Level Pressure SLP=044 57009 T snow O $
TAF for Thule airport - BGTL
BGTL 280706Z 281900Z 2819/3001 VRB06KT 2400 BR BKN003 QNH2971INS TEMPO 2819/2901 9000 SCT002 SCT020 BECMG 2901/2902 QNH2970INS 2904/2905 06009KT 9999 NSW SCT010 BKN040 QNH2969INS TX08/2917Z TN03/2819Z LAST NO AMDS AFT 2819 NEXT 2903
Decoded TAF for Thule Airport (Greenland)
TAF issued by BGTL on Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 07:06 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 14 days and 1 hours and 37 minutes ago. A 0 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from à 00:00 heure TU to Thursday, July 28, 2022 à 01:00 heure UTC
281900Z 2819/3001 VRB06KT 2400 BR BKN003 QNH2971INS
broken at 300 ft = 90 m
temporarily from Thursday, July 28, 2022 à 19:00 heure TU to Thursday, July 28, 2022 à 01:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2819/2901 9000 SCT002 SCT020
Visibility is 9 km = 6 mi.
scattered clouds at 200 ft = 60 m scattered clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m
becoming from Thursday, July 28, 2022 à 02:00 heure TU to à 00:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2901/2902 QNH2970INS 2904/2905 06009KT 9999 NSW SCT010 BKN040 QNH2969INS TX08/2917Z TN03/2819Z
visibility more than 10 km
no significant weather
scattered clouds at 1000 ft = 300 m broken at 4000 ft = 1220 m
nearest airports to Thule
- for Qaanaaq airport (BGQQ) in 67 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Grise Fiord airport (CYGZ) in 229 mi↑
- for Pond Inlet airport (CYIO) in 315 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Eureka airport (CYEU) in 337 mi↑
- for Upernavik airport (BGUK) in 344 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Arctic Bay airport (CYAB) in 382 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Clyde River airport (CYCY) in 418 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Alert airport (CYLT) in 421 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Resolute airport (CYRB) in 463 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Uummannaq airport (BGUQ) in 504 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Igloolik airport (CYGT) in 559 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Hall Beach airport (CYUX) in 592 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Illulissat airport (BGJN) in 613 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Aaisiaat airport (BGAA) in 627 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Broughton Island airport (CYVM) in 628 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Taloyoak airport (CYYH) in 686 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Pelly Bay Townsite airport (CYBB) in 697 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Pangnirtung airport (CYXP) in 720 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Station Nord Landing Strip airport (BGMI) in 731 mi↑
- for Sisimiut airport (BGSS) in 732 mi↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)