Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Thule airport (Greenland) / ICAO BGTL/ IATA THU
This airport is located near the North Pole. It is one of the northernmost airports in the world.
Thule airport (Greenland) is located close to Thule, Dundas at 3 mile↑, Qaanaaq at 66 mile↑, Pond Inlet at 314 mile↑, Upernavik at 344 mile↑, Arctic Bay at 382 mile↑, Clyde River at 419 mile↑, Resolute at 462 mile↑, Qaarsut at 505 mile↑, Uummannaq at 514 mile↑, Isachsen at 528 mile↑,
Elevation : 77 m = 253 ft
- runway 08/26 : 3047 m = 9997 ft
- runway 08T/26T : 3047 m = 9997 ft
aerial view of Thule
METAR for Thule airport - BGTL
BGTL 240556Z AUTO 10005KT 9999 CLR M17/M19 A2970
Decoded METAR for Thule Airport (Greenland)
METAR issued by BGTL on Sunday 24th of October 2021 at 05:56 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 16 hours and 5 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is -17 °C = 1 °F and dew point is -19 °C = -2 °F . This correspond to 84% relative humidity.
QNH is 1006 mb = 29.71 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is 100°.
TAF for Thule airport - BGTL
BGTL 220709Z 221900Z 2219/2401 11010G15KT 9999 FEW045 510103 QNH2959INS TXM12/2315Z TNM17/2310Z LAST NO AMDS AFT 2219 NEXT 2511
Decoded TAF for Thule Airport (Greenland)
TAF issued by BGTL on Friday 22nd of October 2021 at 07:09 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 2 days and 14 hours and 52 minutes ago. A 0 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Thursday 1st of January 1970 à 00:00 heure TU to Thursday 1st of January 1970 à 00:00 heure UTC
221900Z 2219/2401 11010G15KT 9999 FEW045 510103 QNH2959INS TXM12/2315Z TNM17/2310Z
visibility more than 10 km
few clouds at 4500 ft = 1370 m
nearest airports to Thule
- for Qaanaaq airport (BGQQ) at 67 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Grise Fiord airport (CYGZ) at 229 mile↑
- for Pond Inlet airport (CYIO) at 315 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Eureka airport (CYEU) at 337 mile↑
- for Upernavik airport (BGUK) at 344 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Arctic Bay airport (CYAB) at 382 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Clyde River airport (CYCY) at 418 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Alert airport (CYLT) at 421 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)