Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Kangirsuk airport (Canada) / ICAO CYAS/ IATA YKG
Kangirsuk airport (Canada) is located close to Kangirsuk, Kangirsuk at 1 mile↑, Quaqtaq at 71 mile↑, Kangiqsujuaq at 127 mile↑, Kimmirut at 195 mile↑, Salluit at 240 mile↑, Puvirnituq at 251 mile↑, Iqaluit at 262 mile↑, Akulivik at 285 mile↑, Ivujivik at 311 mile↑, Cape Dorset at 359 mile↑,
Elevation : 123 m = 404 ft
- runway 04/22 : 1073 m = 3520 ft
aerial view of Kangirsuk
METAR for Kangirsuk airport - CYAS
CYAS 191400Z 25022G28KT 8SM -RA OVC015 06/04 A2963 RMK ST8 SLP043
Decoded METAR for Kangirsuk Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYAS on Monday 19th of July 2021 at 14:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 7 days and 9 hours and 15 minutes ago.
Visibility is 13 km = 8 sm.
Temperature is 6 °C = 43 °F and dew point is 4 °C = 39 °F . This correspond to 87% relative humidity.
QNH is 1003 mb = 29.62 inHg
Wind speed is 41 km/h = 22 kt with gusts at 52 km/h = 28 kt, direction is 250°.
Clouds : overcast at 1500 ft = 460 m.
Remarks : ST8 Sea Level Pressure SLP=043
TAF for Kangirsuk airport - CYAS
CYAS 281516Z 2815/2821 35015G25KT P6SM SCT010 BKN030 TEMPO 2815/2821 3SM -SN BR OVC010 RMK NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 291345Z
Decoded TAF for Kangirsuk Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYAS on Friday 28th of May 2021 at 15:16 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 59 days and 7 hours and 59 minutes ago. A 6 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Friday 28th of May 2021 à 15:00 heure TU to Friday 28th of May 2021 à 21:00 heure UTC
2815/2821 35015G25KT P6SM SCT010 BKN030
Wind 15 kt = 28 km/h with gusts at 25 kt = 46 km/h, direction is 350°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 1000 ft = 300 m broken at 3000 ft = 910 m
temporarily from Friday 28th of May 2021 à 15:00 heure TU to Friday 28th of May 2021 à 21:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2815/2821 3SM -SN BR OVC010
Visibility is 5 km = 3 sm.
overcast at 1000 ft = 300 m
NOTAM for Kangirsuk Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Aerodrome / valid from Sunday 4th of July 2021 at 19:03 to Friday 1st of October 2021 at 17:15
A) CYAS B) 2107041903 C) 2110011715
E) COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS
AD CONTINGENCY PLAN IN EFFECT:
ALL COMMERCIAL, CARGO, HUMANITARIAN, MIL AND GENERAL AVIATION FLT
ALL FUEL STOPS PPR
MEDEVAC FLT 10 MIN PN
604-671-5033 OR RYAO(AT)KRG.CA
CREATED: 04 Jul 2021 19:03:00
NOTAM Air/ground facility / valid from Saturday 24th of July 2021 at 10:57 to Tuesday 27th of July 2021 at 23:59
A) CYAS B) 2107241057 C) 2107262359
E) QUEBEC RDO DIAL-UP REMOTE COM OUTLET (DRCO) 126.7MHZ AT KANGIRSUK
CREATED: 24 Jul 2021 10:57:00
nearest airports to Kangirsuk
- for Quaqtaq airport (CYHA) at 72 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kangiqsujjuaq Wakeham Bay airport (CYKG) at 126 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lake Harbour (Kimmirut?) airport (CYLC) at 195 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Salluit airport (CYZG) at 241 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Puvernituq airport (CYPX) at 251 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Iqaluit airport (CYFB) at 262 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Akulivik airport (CYKO) at 283 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ivujivik airport (CYIK) at 311 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)