Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Fort Smith airport (Canada) / ICAO CYSM/ IATA YSM
Fort Smith airport (Canada) is located close to Fort Smith, Fort Smith at 3 mile↑, Canada at 58 mile↑, Fort Resolution at 97 mile↑, Hay River at 142 mile↑, Enterprise at 148 mile↑, Snowdrift at 170 mile↑, Yellowknife at 186 mile↑, FortProvidence at 213 mile↑, Discovery at 228 mile↑, Rae-Edzo at 235 mile↑,
Elevation : 205 m = 673 ft
- runway 11/29 : 1829 m = 6001 ft
- runway 02/20 : 549 m = 1801 ft
aerial view of Fort Smith
METAR for Fort Smith airport - CYSM
CYSM 302100Z 33009KT 270V350 15SM SCT063 SCT230 25/11 A3015 RMK CU4CC1 CC TR SLP215 DENSITY ALT 1700FT
Decoded METAR for Fort Smith Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYSM on Friday 30th of July 2021 at 21:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 5 days and 8 hours and 6 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 25 °C = 77 °F and dew point is 11 °C = 52 °F . This correspond to 41% relative humidity.
QNH is 1021 mb = 30.15 inHg
Wind speed is 17 km/h = 9 kt, direction is 330°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 6300 ft = 1920 m. scattered clouds at 23000 ft = 7010 m.
Remarks : CU4CC1 CC TR Sea Level Pressure SLP=215 DENSITY ALT 1700FT
TAF for Fort Smith airport - CYSM
CYSM 301738Z 3018/3106 27005KT P6SM FEW050 SCT140 TEMPO 3018/3103 BKN050 RMK NXT FCST BY 310000Z
Decoded TAF for Fort Smith Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYSM on Friday 30th of July 2021 at 17:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 5 days and 11 hours and 28 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Friday 30th of July 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Saturday 31st of July 2021 à 06:00 heure UTC
3018/3106 27005KT P6SM FEW050 SCT140
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 270°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
few clouds at 5000 ft = 1520 m scattered clouds at 14000 ft = 4270 m
temporarily from Friday 30th of July 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Saturday 31st of July 2021 à 03:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 3018/3103 BKN050
broken at 5000 ft = 1520 m
NOTAM for Fort Smith Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM VOR / valid from Tuesday 20th of July 2021 at 15:32 to Saturday 31st of July 2021 at 23:59
A) CYSM B) 2107201532 C) 2107302359
E) FORT SMITH VOR YSM 112.4MHZ U/S
CREATED: 20 Jul 2021 15:32:00
nearest airports to Fort Smith
- for Fort Resolution airport (CYFR) at 99 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Hay River airport (CYHY) at 142 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lutselk'e airport (CYLK) at 171 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Yellowknife airport (CYZF) at 188 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Providence airport (CYJP) at 211 mile↑
- for Koala airport (CYOA) at 326 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rae Lakes airport (CYRA) at 331 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Simpson airport (CYFS) at 334 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)