Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Cranbrook airport (Canada) / ICAO CYXC/ IATA YXC
Cranbrook airport (Canada) is located close to Cranbrook, Fort Steele at 7 mile↑, Cranbrook at 8 mile↑, Marysville at 8 mile↑, Kimberley at 10 mile↑, Wardner at 21 mile↑, Skookumchuck at 21 mile↑, Moyie at 22 mile↑, Fernie at 33 mile↑, Elko at 37 mile↑, Canal Flats at 37 mile↑,
Elevation : 939 m = 3081 ft
- runway 16/34 : 1829 m = 6001 ft
aerial view of Cranbrook
METAR for Cranbrook airport - CYXC
CYXC 291500Z 31004KT 25SM SCT052 OVC150 03/02 A3003 RMK SC3AC5 SLP190
Decoded METAR for Cranbrook Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYXC on Monday 29th of November 2021 at 15:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 1 days and 33 hours and -1393 minutes ago.
Visibility is 40 km = 25 sm.
Temperature is 3 °C = 37 °F and dew point is 2 °C = 36 °F . This correspond to 93% relative humidity.
QNH is 1017 mb = 30.03 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 310°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 5200 ft = 1580 m. overcast at 15000 ft = 4570 m.
Remarks : SC3AC5 Sea Level Pressure SLP=190
TAF for Cranbrook airport - CYXC
CYXC 291243Z 2913/3001 20006KT P6SM FEW020 SCT060 BKN200 BECMG 2916/2918 22008KT RMK NXT FCST BY 291900Z
Decoded TAF for Cranbrook Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYXC on Monday 29th of November 2021 at 12:43 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 1 days and 12 hours and 4 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Monday 29th of November 2021 à 13:00 heure TU to Monday 29th of November 2021 à 16:00 heure UTC
2913/3001 20006KT P6SM FEW020 SCT060 BKN200
Wind 6 kt = 11 km/h, direction is 200°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
few clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m scattered clouds at 6000 ft = 1830 m broken at 20000 ft = 6100 m
becoming from Monday 29th of November 2021 à 18:00 heure TU to Tuesday 30th of November 2021 à 01:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2916/2918 22008KT
Wind 8 kt = 15 km/h, direction is 220°
nearest airports to Cranbrook
- for Sparwood Elk Valley airport (CYSW) at 43 mile↑
- for Fairmount Hot Springs airport (CYCZ) at 50 mile↑
- for Nelson airport (CZNL) at 69 mile↑
- for Cowley airport (CYYM) at 76 mile↑
- for Pincher Creek airport (CZPC) at 80 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Castlegar airport (CYCG) at 86 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Wall airport (KSZT) at 97 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Banff airport (CYBA) at 111 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)