Airport information, from map to hotels via aeronautical information. And the aeronautical weather for the pilots with current weather and short-term forecasts with METAR (METeorological Aerodrome Report, observation message of meteorological conditions for aviation) and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term forecast message of meteorological conditions for aviation ). And other resources such as VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare flights.
Erbil International airport in Arbil (Iraq)
This airport has one of the longest runways in the world.
Erbil International Airport is the main airport in the city of Erbil in Iraq, one of the main international airports in the country. It has one of the longest tracks in the world because it was initially an Iraqi military base.Erbil International airport is located near Arbil, with Erbil in 7km↑, Muḩāfaz̧at Arbīl in 9km↑, Ghaitli in 36km↑, Nahiyat Hiran in 48km↑, Qada al Hamdaniyah in 53km↑, Qaryat al Muftiyāt in 59km↑, Koysinceq in 62km↑, Rawanduz in 66km↑, Ḩayy aţ Ţayarān in 74km↑, Mosul in 76km↑, Al Mawsil al Jadidah in 78km↑, Qaryat al ‘Arbīd in 79km↑,
→ See also Northernmost airports in Iraq and Southernmost airports in Iraq
→ See also airports in Iraq
Hotels near Erbil International airport
aerial view of Erbil International airport
- ICAO code : ORER
- IATA code : EBL
- Local code : -
Elevation : 409 m = 1342ft
→ See also Highest airports in Iraq and Lowest airports in Iraq
- runway 18/36 : 4234m = 13891ft
- runway 15/33 : 2803m = 9196ft
- runway 15L/33R : 1245m = 4085ft
→ See also Longest runways in Iraq
Aviation weather for Erbil International airport ORER EBL
METAR for Erbil International airport ORER EBL
ORER 250300Z 32003KT 9000 NSC 10/08 Q1014
Decoded METAR for Erbil International airport ORER EBL
METAR issued by ORER on Friday, March 24, 2023 at 03:00 UTC, issued 59 minutes ago.
Visibility is 9km = 6mi.
Temperature is 10°C = 50°F and dew point is 8°C = 46°F . This correspond to 87% relative humidity.
QNH is 1014mb = 29.94inHg
Wind speed is 6km/h = 3kt, direction is 320°.
No clouds below 5000 ft or below the minimum sector altitude. No cumulonimbus or budding cumulus, regardless of their altitude (No Significant Clouds).
TAF for Erbil International airport ORER EBL
ORER 242300Z 2500/2524 09006KT 7000 SCT040 BECMG 2507/2509 SCT040 SCT090 PROB30 2509/2515 -TSRA FEW030CB
Decoded TAF for Erbil International airport ORER EBL
TAF issued by ORER on Friday, March 24, 2023 at 23:00 UTC, issued 4 hours and 59 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Friday, March 24, 2023 à 00:00 heure TU to Saturday, March 25, 2023 à 07:00 heure UTC
2500/2524 09006KT 7000 SCT040
Wind 6kt = 11km/h, direction is 90°
Visibility is 7km = 4mi.
scattered clouds at 4000ft = 1220m
becoming from Saturday, March 25, 2023 à 09:00 heure TU to Saturday, March 25, 2023 à 00:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2507/2509 SCT040 SCT090
scattered clouds at 4000ft = 1220m scattered clouds at 9000ft = 2740m
probability of 30% to have from Saturday, March 25, 2023 à 09:00 heure TU to Saturday, March 25, 2023 à 15:00 heure UTC
PROB30 2509/2515 -TSRA FEW030CB
light thunderstorm rain
few clouds at 3000ft = 910m
VAC for Erbil International airport - ORER
The Visual Approach Chart (VAC Visual Approach Chart) is provided without any guarantee of its timeliness. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
Around Erbil International airport in Arbil (Iraq)
nearest airports to Erbil International airport in Arbil (Iraq)
- Bashur airport (ORBR ) in 47km↑
- Bashiqah airport ( IQ-0013) in 62km↑
- Mosul International airport (ORBM OSM ) in 74km↑
- Qayyarah South airport ( IQ-0037) in 82km↑
- K1 Air Base airport ( IQ-0026) in 86km↑
- Qayyarah West airport (ORQW RQW ) in 92km↑
- Kirkuk Air Base airport (ORKK KIK ) in 92km↑
- Bamarni airport (ORBB BMN ) in 114km↑
- Khaneh airport ( KHA IR-0001) in 120km↑
- Tal Ashtah New Air Base airport ( IQ-0051) in 123km↑
- Al Fathah Air Base airport ( IQ-0001) in 124km↑
- Duhok airport (ORDD ) in 133km↑aéroport fermé
- Tall Afar Army Air Field airport (ORTF ) in 140km↑
- Sulaymaniyah International airport (ORSU ISU ) in 143km↑METAR & TAF
- Hakkari Yüksekova airport (LTCW YKO ) in 148km↑METAR & TAF
- Yüksekova Highway Strip airport ( TR-0038) in 149km↑
- Tuz Khurmatu Air Base airport ( IQ-0054) in 152km↑
- K2 Air Base airport ( IQ-0027) in 155km↑
- Sahl Sinjar Air Base airport ( IQ-0042) in 169km↑
- Baneh airport (OICB ) in 171km↑
- Arbat airport ( IQ-0065) in 177km↑
- Al Sahra Army Air Field airport (ORSH ) in 178km↑
- Tikrit East airport ( IQ-0052) in 182km↑
- Tikrit heliport ( IQ-0058) in 184km↑
- Urmia airport (OITR OMH ) in 187km↑METAR & TAF
- Tikrit South airport ( IQ-0053) in 191km↑
- Injanah Air Field airport ( IQ-0023) in 207km↑
- ÅžÄ±rnak Åžerafettin Elçi airport (LTCV NKT ) in 211km↑METAR & TAF
- Samarra West Air Field airport ( IQ-0046) in 224km↑
- Ghasre-Shirin airport (OICG ) in 240km↑aéroport fermé
→ See also Former airports in Iraq
- METAR : AVWX
- TAF : AVWX
- Météo générale : Openweathermap et AVWX
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA, Espagne ENAIRE, Belgique SKEYES
- Aerial maps : Google Maps, Microsoft Bing ou OpenStreetMap