The Castles of the hamlets of the town now belong to private individuals: the Château de Saint-Aunis and the Château de La Barthe. They can be admired from the road.
Buildings visible only from outside the properties.
The Church of Saint-Martin is the only medieval building in the city. Cumulating the Romanesque tradition of a popular Gascon choice, for the vast single nave, and the local reference of the builders, for the wide and uninterrupted spaces in the southern "architectural line" built Gothic of the 14th century reworked in the 19th, it conceals parts remarkable such as a 17th century organ, a gilded wood altarpiece from the 17th century, a sculpted pulpit, baptismal fonts of very beautiful marble, an ornate grille, a masterpiece of ironwork.
The Hall was built in 1862 by Jean-Jacques Latour, on the model of the Halles centrale de Paris by Victor Baltard. It is still used for the Saturday markets.
The Town Hall is an 18th and 19th century building, remodeled in the 20th century, which retains a series of 19th century works, notably by a local artist, Edmond Desca. This town hall was located on the cemetery of an old church destroyed in the 16th century. In the hall of the town hall, one can still see a limestone from the old municipal premises of the 17th century, bearing the only preserved coat of arms of the city.
The 18th century Mansions bear witness to the economic wealth and agricultural prosperity of the region until the 18th century: the Hôtel Rosapelly, current perception; the Hôtel de Lalande d´Olme (private), route de Rabastens de Bigorre, with its sumptuous gate; the Hôtel de Journet, which regularly hosts art exhibitions; Saint-Jacques Hospital, dating from the second half of the 17th century; the boys' college founded in 1532 and demolished in 1965.
Visit: Buildings visible only from the outside.
Exhibitions are regularly organized at the Hotel Journet.
The oldest house in Vic-en-Bigorre is in Rue Jeanne d´Albret. It dates from the Romanesque period (12th century) and is adorned with twin brick windows.
Building visible only from the outside.
Three mills dating from the 17th to the 19th century remain. These are the Clarac, Roy and Latourète mills, which bear witness to the agricultural activity of the time.
17th Baroque altarpiece
You will find in Vic-en-Bigorre one of the most beautiful baroque altarpieces in the community.
masterpiece by Vicquois statuary Edmond Desca symbolizes the 1870 war memorial (town hall square).
Statue "Le Poilu" by Martial Caumont,
Tarbes statuary, illustrates the sacrifice of the soldiers of the Great War (place Simin Palay).
- Nearest hotels
- L'Octav (Vic-en-Bigorre) at 240 ft↑
- Eglise Saint Martin (Vic-en-Bigorre) at 260 ft↑
- Le Réverbère (Vic-en-Bigorre) at 500 ft↑
- Médiathèque intercommunale Vic-Montaner (Vic-en-Bigorre) at 1450 ft↑
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre at 5 miles↑
- Les 3 B (Nouilhan) at 3 miles↑
- Chez Simon (Villenave-près-Marsac) at 4 miles↑
- Eglise abbatiale (Larreule) at 5 miles↑
- Notre-Dame de l'Espérence (Tarasteix) at 5 miles↑
- Café du Centre (Maubourguet) at 6 miles↑
- Centre d'Action Culturelle Jean Glavany (Maubourguet) at 6 miles↑
- Maubourguet at 6 miles↑
- Théâtre des 7 Chandelles (Maubourguet) at 6 miles↑
- Église de l'Invention-de-Saint-Étienne (Oursbelille) at 7 miles↑
- Le Rétro (Oursbelille) at 7 miles↑
- Tarbes at 11 miles↑
- for Tarbes-Laloubere airport at 12 miles↑
- for Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées airport at 15 miles↑
- for Lasclaveries airport at 17 miles↑