Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Nadzab airport (Papua New Guinea) / ICAO AYNZ/ IATA LAE
Nadzab airport (Papua New Guinea) is located close to Lae, Nadzab at 1 mile↑, Chivasing at 10 mile↑, Lae at 21 mile↑, Buko at 23 mile↑, Bulolo at 44 mile↑, Wau at 53 mile↑, Kainantu at 62 mile↑, Urara at 63 mile↑, Biliau Mission at 74 mile↑, Finschhafen at 78 mile↑,
Elevation : 73 m = 240 ft
- runway 09/27 : 2440 m = 8005 ft
aerial view of Nadzab
METAR for Nadzab airport - AYNZ
AYNZ 180000Z 02003KT 9999 RA BKN025 OVC050 23/21 Q1014
Decoded METAR for Nadzab Airport (Papua New Guinea)
METAR issued by AYNZ on Saturday 18th of September 2021 at 00:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 2 days and 49 hours and -2837 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 23 °C = 73 °F and dew point is 21 °C = 70 °F . This correspond to 89% relative humidity.
QNH is 1014 mb = 29.94 inHg
Wind speed is 6 km/h = 3 kt, direction is 20°.
Clouds : broken at 2500 ft = 760 m. overcast at 5000 ft = 1520 m.
TAF for Nadzab airport - AYNZ
No TAF but aviation weather is available at
NOTAM for Nadzab Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Obstacle / valid from Monday 6th of September 2021 at 21:00 to Monday 6th of December 2021 at 08:00
A) AYNZ B) 2109062100 C) 2112060800 EST
D) BTN 2100/0800 DLY.
E) CTN. CRANE OPR AT COORD S06 34 2.89 E146 43 43.8.
RMK: CRANE MARKED WITH CHEQUERED FLAG AND BCN LGT.
F) GND G) 82 FT (25M) AGL.
CREATED: 06 Sep 2021 02:41:00
NOTAM Aerodrome / valid from Friday 3rd of September 2021 at 08:00 to Friday 1st of October 2021 at 08:00
A) AYNZ B) 2109030800 C) 2110010800 EST
E) CTN EASTERN PART OF MAIN APN NOT AVBL DUE PAVEMENT RECONSTRUCTION
1. MAIN APN PRKG BAY 5 AND BAY 6 NOT AVBL.
2. ACFT TO USE BAY 1,2,3,4 AND PART OF WESTERN APN ADJ TO TWR.
3. WORKS AREA DEMARCATED BY U/S CONE MARKERS.
CREATED: 03 Sep 2021 00:25:00
NOTAM Apron / valid from Tuesday 31st of August 2021 at 08:00 to Tuesday 28th of September 2021 at 08:00
A) AYNZ B) 2108310800 C) 2109280800 EST
E) PART OF GA APN NOT AVBL TO ACFT OPS DUE RECONSTRUCTION WIP.
1. ALL ACFT TO UTILIZQ WESTERN APN ADJ TO TWR.
2. WORKS ARE DEMARCATED BY U/S CONE MARKERS.
CREATED: 31 Aug 2021 03:05:00
NOTAM Runway / valid from Thursday 15th of July 2021 at 09:30 to Thursday 30th of September 2021 at 08:00
A) AYNZ B) 2107150930 C) 2109300800 EST
E) RWY 27 DTHR 1209M DUE RWY UPGRADING WIP. AVBL LEN 1390M (INCLUDING
RWY TORA ASDA TODA LDA
09 1390 1390 1390 1330
27 1390 1390 1390 1290
1. PILOT ACTIVATED AIRFIELD LIGHTING SYSTEM NOT AVBL.
2. STUB TWY CHARLIE NOT AVBL.
3. NEW TWY ECHO NOT AVBL.
4. ACCESS TO DOM APN AVBL.
5. 60M LONG SWY AVBL FOR TKOF RWY 09.
6. RWY 27 PAPI NOT AVBL.
7. WORKS AREA DENOTED BY RED WITH WHITE CONE MARKERS.
CREATED: 15 Jul 2021 09:37:00
NOTAM Obstacle / valid from Thursday 15th of July 2021 at 22:00 to Wednesday 13th of October 2021 at 07:00
A) AYNZ B) 2107142200 C) 2110130700 EST
D) BTN 2200/0700 DLY.
E) CTN DUE TWO (2) CRANES OPR APRX 280M N OF RWY CENTRELINE IN BOX
CULVERT AREAS 600M APART. CRANES ARE MARKED NOT LIT.
COORD: S063403 E1464353 AND S063355 E1464331.
CRANE HGT: 85FT (26M).
CREATED: 14 Jul 2021 01:21:00
NOTAM Runway turning bay / valid from Wednesday 30th of June 2021 at 06:30 to Wednesday 29th of September 2021 at 08:00
A) AYNZ B) 2106300630 C) 2109290800 EST
E) ALL ACFT WITH MTOW IN EXCESS OF 15000KG TO EXECUTE 180DEG TURNS
ON WIDENED TURNING NODES AT EACH RWY END.
CREATED: 30 Jun 2021 08:02:00
NOTAM Air/ground facility / valid from Tuesday 29th of June 2021 at 08:00 to Thursday 30th of September 2021 at 08:00
A) AYNZ B) 2106290800 C) 2109300800 EST
E) FLW AYNZ IAL CHART IN AIP FLIGHT SUPPLEMENT, TEMPO WITHDRAWN DUE
DTHR RWY 27.
-AYNZ RNAV (GNSS) RWY 27, DATED 10 SEP 2020.
-AYNZ VOR/DME RWY 27 (VIA LARID) , DATED 10 SEP 2020.
CREATED: 29 Jun 2021 10:17:00
NOTAM Not listed / valid from Wednesday 23rd of May 2018 at 06:30 to Thursday 23rd of May 2019 at 07:00
A) AYNZ B) 1805230630 C) 1905230700 EST
E) HBN. MT NGARONENO NOT AVL.
CREATED: 23 May 2018 06:47:00
nearest airports to Nadzab
- for Lowai airport (AYLO) at 17 mile↑
- for Zuebak Airstrip airport (AYZZ) at 21 mile↑
- for Kasonombe airport (AYNM) at 22 mile↑
- for Samanzing Airstrip airport (AYSZ) at 25 mile↑
- for Dinangat airport (AYDN) at 29 mile↑
- for Leron Plains airport (AYLP) at 29 mile↑
- for Yawan Airstrip airport (AYYW) at 31 mile↑
- for Maralina Airstrip airport (AYRL) at 33 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)