Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Arctic Bay airport (Canada) / ICAO CYAB/ IATA YAB
This airport is located near the North Pole. It is one of the northernmost airports in the world.
Arctic Bay airport (Canada) is located close to Arctic Bay, Arctic Bay at 3 mile↑, Pond Inlet at 146 mile↑, Resolute at 221 mile↑, Nunavut at 232 mile↑, Igloolik at 260 mile↑, Hall Beach at 304 mile↑, Taloyoak at 304 mile↑, Kugaaruk at 327 mile↑, Dundas at 382 mile↑, Gjoa Haven at 389 mile↑,
Elevation : 22 m = 72 ft
- runway 13/31 : 1199 m = 3934 ft
aerial view of Arctic Bay
METAR for Arctic Bay airport - CYAB
CYAB 152000Z VRB03KT 30SM FEW025 FEW030 OVC050 07/M00 A2993 RMK SC1SC2SC6 SC TR SUN DIMLY VSBL LAST STFD OBS/NXT 161100Z SLP139
Decoded METAR for Arctic Bay Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYAB on Tuesday 15th of June 2021 at 20:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 47 days and 3 hours and 18 minutes ago.
Visibility is 48 km = 30 sm.
Temperature is 7 °C = 45 °F and dew point is 0 °C = 32 °F . This correspond to 61% relative humidity.
QNH is 1014 mb = 29.94 inHg
Wind speed is 6 km/h = 3 kt, direction is °.
Clouds : few clouds at 2500 ft = 760 m. few clouds at 3000 ft = 910 m. overcast at 5000 ft = 1520 m.
Remarks : SC1SC2SC6 SC TR SUN DIMLY VSBL LAST STFD OBS/NXT 161100Z Sea Level Pressure SLP=139
TAF for Arctic Bay airport - CYAB
CYAB 121838Z 1219/1222 30005KT P6SM SCT230 RMK NXT FCST WILL BE ISSUED AT 131245Z
Decoded TAF for Arctic Bay Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYAB on Monday 12th of April 2021 at 18:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 111 days and 4 hours and 40 minutes ago. A 3 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Monday 12th of April 2021 à 19:00 heure TU to Tuesday 13th of April 2021 à 22:00 heure UTC
1219/1222 30005KT P6SM SCT230
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 300°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 23000 ft = 7010 m
NOTAM for Arctic Bay Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
nearest airports to Arctic Bay
- for Pond Inlet airport (CYIO) at 146 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Resolute airport (CYRB) at 224 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Grise Fiord airport (CYGZ) at 239 mile↑
- for Igloolik airport (CYGT) at 262 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Taloyoak airport (CYYH) at 304 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Hall Beach airport (CYUX) at 304 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pelly Bay Townsite airport (CYBB) at 327 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Thule airport (BGTL) at 382 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)