Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Fort Simpson airport (Canada) / ICAO CYFS/ IATA YFS
Fort Simpson airport (Canada) is located close to Fort Simpson, Naylors Landing at 7 mile↑, Fort Simpson at 8 mile↑, Berens Landing at 11 mile↑, Brownings Landing at 57 mile↑, Netla at 88 mile↑, Trout Lake at 92 mile↑, FortProvidence at 121 mile↑, Wrigley at 126 mile↑, Fort Liard at 129 mile↑, Wha Ti at 159 mile↑,
Elevation : 169 m = 554 ft
- runway 14/32 : 1829 m = 6001 ft
aerial view of Fort Simpson
METAR for Fort Simpson airport - CYFS
CYFS 240200Z VRB02KT 15SM FEW210 20/09 A2984 RMK CI1 CI TR SLP112 DENSITY ALT 1400FT
Decoded METAR for Fort Simpson Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYFS on Tuesday 24th of August 2021 at 02:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 29 days and 696 hours and -41732 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 20 °C = 68 °F and dew point is 9 °C = 48 °F . This correspond to 49% relative humidity.
QNH is 1010 mb = 29.83 inHg
Wind speed is 4 km/h = 2 kt, direction is °.
Clouds : few clouds at 21000 ft = 6400 m.
Remarks : CI1 CI TR Sea Level Pressure SLP=112 DENSITY ALT 1400FT
TAF for Fort Simpson airport - CYFS
CYFS 232338Z 2400/2412 VRB03KT P6SM FEW250 RMK NXT FCST BY 240600Z
Decoded TAF for Fort Simpson Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYFS on Tuesday 24th of August 2021 at 23:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 29 days and 2 hours and 50 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Tuesday 24th of August 2021 à 00:00 heure TU to Tuesday 24th of August 2021 à 12:00 heure UTC
2400/2412 VRB03KT P6SM FEW250
Wind 3 kt = 6 km/h, direction is °
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
few clouds at 25000 ft = 7620 m
nearest airports to Fort Simpson
- for Wrigley airport (CYWY) at 122 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Providence airport (CYJP) at 123 mile↑
- for Fort Liard airport (CYJF) at 129 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Hay River airport (CYHY) at 192 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rae Lakes airport (CYRA) at 204 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Yellowknife airport (CYZF) at 225 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Deline airport (CYWJ) at 248 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Resolution airport (CYFR) at 252 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)