Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Pickle Lake airport (Canada) / OACI CYPL/ IATA YPL
Pickle Lake is located close to Pickle Lake, Pickle Lake at 3 mile↑, Rat Rapids at 18 mile↑, Osnaburgh House at 22 mile↑, Cat Lake at 71 mile↑, Savant Lake at 87 mile↑, Armstrong Station at 94 mile↑, Fort Hope at 97 mile↑, Sioux Lookout at 119 mile↑, Lac Seul at 120 mile↑, Hudson at 127 mile↑,
Elevation : 386 m = 1266 ft
- runway 09/27 : 1500 m = 4921 ft
aerial view of Pickle Lake
METAR for Pickle Lake airport - CYPL
CYPL 110500Z AUTO 11014G21KT 9SM OVC012 11/10 A3009 RMK SLP202
Decoded METAR for Pickle Lake Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYPL on Friday 11th of June 2021 at 05:00 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 12 days and 16 hours and 38 minutes ago.
Visibility is 14 km = 9 sm.
Temperature is 11 °C = 52 °F and dew point is 10 °C = 50 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1019 mb = 30.09 inHg
Wind speed is 26 km/h = 14 kt with gusts at 39 km/h = 21 kt, direction is 110°.
Clouds : overcast at 1200 ft = 370 m.
Remarks : Sea Level Pressure SLP=202
TAF for Pickle Lake airport - CYPL
CYPL 110138Z 1102/1114 10010G20KT 5SM -DZ BR OVC006 TEMPO 1102/1114 P6SM NSW OVC010 RMK FCST BASED ON AUTO OBS. NXT FCST BY 110800Z
Decoded TAF for Pickle Lake Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYPL on Friday 11th of June 2021 at 01:38 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 12 days and 20 hours and 0 minutes ago. A 12 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Friday 11th of June 2021 à 02:00 heure TU to Friday 11th of June 2021 à 14:00 heure UTC
1102/1114 10010G20KT 5SM -DZ BR OVC006
Wind 10 kt = 19 km/h with gusts at 20 kt = 37 km/h, direction is 100°
Visibility is 8 km = 5 sm.
light intensity drizzle
overcast at 600 ft = 180 m
temporarily from Friday 11th of June 2021 à 02:00 heure TU to Friday 11th of June 2021 à 14:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 1102/1114 P6SM NSW OVC010
no significant weather
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
overcast at 1000 ft = 300 m
NOTAM for Pickle Lake Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Non-directional radio beacon / valid from Wednesday 12th of May 2021 at 19:52 to Friday 18th of June 2021 at 23:59
A) CYPL B) 2105121952 C) 2106172359
E) PICKLE LAKE NDB YPL 382KHZ U/S
CREATED: 12 May 2021 19:52:00
nearest airports to Pickle Lake
- for Cat Lake airport (CYAC) at 72 mile↑
- for Armstrong airport (CYYW) at 98 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Fort Hope airport (CYFH) at 100 mile↑
- for Lansdowne House airport (CYLH) at 110 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) airport (CZRJ) at 113 mile↑
- for Sioux Lookout airport (CYXL) at 118 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ear Falls airport (CYMY) at 146 mile↑
- for Muskrat Dam airport (CZMD) at 152 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)