Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Powell River airport (Canada) / ICAO CYPW/ IATA YPW
Powell River airport (Canada) is located close to Powell River, Powell River at 2 mile↑, Marshall School Junction at 9 mile↑, Bliss Landing at 20 mile↑, Comox at 22 mile↑, Courtenay at 24 mile↑, Irvines Landing at 24 mile↑, Merville at 25 mile↑, Mansons Landing at 27 mile↑, Cumberland at 28 mile↑, Bowser at 29 mile↑,
Elevation : 130 m = 427 ft
- runway 09/27 : 1106 m = 3629 ft
aerial view of Powell River
METAR for Powell River airport - CYPW
CYPW 050100Z 28008KT 15SM FEW009 FEW030 OVC077 10/09 A2986 RMK SF1SC1AC7 SF TR SLP117
Decoded METAR for Powell River Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYPW on Tuesday 5th of October 2021 at 01:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 14 days and 346 hours and -20112 minutes ago.
Visibility is 24 km = 15 sm.
Temperature is 10 °C = 50 °F and dew point is 9 °C = 48 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1011 mb = 29.85 inHg
Wind speed is 15 km/h = 8 kt, direction is 280°.
Clouds : few clouds at 900 ft = 270 m. few clouds at 3000 ft = 910 m. overcast at 7700 ft = 2350 m.
Remarks : SF1SC1AC7 SF TR Sea Level Pressure SLP=117
TAF for Powell River airport - CYPW
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Comox airport (CYQQ) at 31 km↑
nearest airports to Powell River
- for Texada Gillies Bay airport (CYGB) at 10 mile↑
- for Comox airport (CYQQ) at 19 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Campbell River airport (CYBL) at 35 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Squamish airport (CYSE) at 60 mile↑
- for Nanaimo airport (CYCD) at 61 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Vancouver Harbour Water airport (CYHC) at 73 mile↑
- for Vancouver airport (CYVR) at 74 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Tofino airport (CYAZ) at 77 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)