Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Churchill airport (Canada) / ICAO CYYQ/ IATA YYQ
Churchill airport (Canada) is located close to Churchill, Churchill at 2 mile↑, Goose Creek at 5 mile↑, Long Spruce at 163 mile↑, Arviat at 164 mile, Gillam at 167 mile↑, Split Lake at 188 mile↑, Kelsey at 208 mile↑, Shamattawa at 213 mile↑, South Indian Lake at 225 mile↑, Whale Cove at 242 mile↑,
Elevation : 29 m = 95 ft
- runway 15/33 : 2804 m = 9199 ft
- runway 07/25 : 1219 m = 3999 ft
aerial view of Churchill
METAR for Churchill airport - CYYQ
CYYQ 241000Z 32020G26KT 1SM R33/5000VP6000FT/D IC BLSN VV012 M30/M33 A2986 RMK BLSN8 SLP119
Decoded METAR for Churchill Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYYQ on Monday 24th of January 2022 at 10:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 3 hours and 28 minutes ago.
Visibility is 2 km = 1 sm.
Temperature is -30 °C = -22 °F and dew point is -33 °C = -27 °F . This correspond to 75% relative humidity.
QNH is 1011 mb = 29.85 inHg
Wind speed is 37 km/h = 20 kt with gusts at 48 km/h = 26 kt, direction is 320°.
Clouds : VV1200 ft = 370 m.
Remarks : BL snow 8 Sea Level Pressure SLP=119
TAF for Churchill airport - CYYQ
CYYQ 240540Z 2406/2506 33022G32KT 1/2SM IC BLSN SCT012 BKN140 TEMPO 2406/2503 1 1/2SM IC BLSN FM250300 33018G28KT 2SM BLSN SKC RMK NXT FCST BY 241200Z
Decoded TAF for Churchill Airport (Canada)
TAF issued by CYYQ on Monday 24th of January 2022 at 05:40 UTC, issued 7 hours and 48 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Monday 24th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Tuesday 25th of January 2022 à 03:00 heure UTC
2406/2506 33022G32KT 1/2SM IC BLSN SCT012 BKN140
Wind 22 kt = 41 km/h with gusts at 32 kt = 59 km/h, direction is 330°
Visibility is 1 km = 1 sm.
scattered clouds at 1200 ft = 370 m broken at 14000 ft = 4270 m
temporarily from Monday 24th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Tuesday 25th of January 2022 à 03:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2406/2503 1 1/2SM IC BLSN
Visibility is 2 km = 2 sm.
from Tuesday 25th of January 2022 à 03:00 heure TU to Tuesday 25th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure UTC
FM250300 33018G28KT 2SM BLSN SKC
Wind 18 kt = 33 km/h with gusts at 28 kt = 52 km/h, direction is 330°
Visibility is 3 km = 2 sm.
nearest airports to Churchill
- for Nejanilini Lake airport (CYNN) at 142 mile↑
- for Tadoule Lake airport (CYBQ) at 160 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Arviat airport (CYEK) at 163 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Gillam airport (CYGX) at 166 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ilford airport (CZBD) at 194 mile↑
- for York Landing airport (CZAC) at 198 mile↑
- for Kelsey airport (CZEE) at 208 mile↑
- for Shamattawa airport (CZTM) at 212 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)