Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Piedmont Triad Intl airport (USA) / ICAO KGSO/ IATA GSO
Piedmont Triad Intl airport (USA) is located close to Greensboro, Oak Ridge at 6 mile↑, Jamestown at 7 mile↑, Kernersville at 8 mile↑, Summerfield at 8 mile↑, Greensboro at 8 mile↑, Stokesdale at 10 mile↑, High Point at 11 mile↑, Wallburg at 13 mile↑, Archdale at 13 mile↑, Walkertown at 13 mile↑,
Elevation : 282 m = 925 ft
- runway 05R/23L : 3048 m = 10000 ft
- runway 05L/23R : 2743 m = 8999 ft
- runway 14/32 : 1945 m = 6381 ft
aerial view of Piedmont Triad Intl
METAR for Piedmont Triad Intl airport - KGSO
KGSO 232054Z 23008KT 10SM BKN150 BKN250 06/M07 A2983 RMK AO2 SLP108 T00611067 56024
Decoded METAR for Piedmont Triad Intl Airport (USA)
METAR issued by KGSO on Sunday 23rd of January 2022 at 20:54 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 17 hours and 25 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 6 °C = 43 °F and dew point is -7 °C = 19 °F . This correspond to 39% relative humidity.
QNH is 1010 mb = 29.83 inHg
Wind speed is 15 km/h = 8 kt, direction is 230°.
Clouds : broken at 15000 ft = 4570 m. broken at 25000 ft = 7620 m.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Sea Level Pressure SLP=108 T00611067 56024
TAF for Piedmont Triad Intl airport - KGSO
KGSO 231720Z 2318/2418 23006KT P6SM SCT250
Decoded TAF for Piedmont Triad Intl Airport (USA)
TAF issued by KGSO on Sunday 23rd of January 2022 at 17:20 UTC, issued 20 hours and 59 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Sunday 23rd of January 2022 à 18:00 heure TU to Monday 24th of January 2022 à 18:00 heure UTC
2318/2418 23006KT P6SM SCT250
Wind 6 kt = 11 km/h, direction is 230°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 25000 ft = 7620 m
nearest airports to Piedmont Triad Intl
- for Smith Reynolds airport (KINT) at 16 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rockingham County NC Shiloh airport (KSIF) at 24 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Burlington Alamance airport (KBUY) at 26 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Davidson Co airport (KEXX) at 30 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Asheboro Regional airport (KHBI) at 31 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Blue Ridge airport (KMTV) at 37 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Mt Airy Surry Co airport (KMWK) at 42 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rowan Co airport (KRUQ) at 45 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)