Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Skardu airport (Pakistan) / ICAO OPSD/ IATA KDU
Skardu airport (Pakistan) is located close to Skardu, Sneuron at 5 mile↑, Skardu at 6 mile↑, Idgah at 38 mile↑, Khapalu at 47 mile↑, Northern Areas at 55 mile↑, Kargil at 62 mile↑, Thang at 74 mile↑, Sonikot at 79 mile↑, Gilgit at 80 mile↑, Chilas at 81 mile↑,
Elevation : 2230 m = 7316 ft
- runway 14/32 : 3641 m = 11946 ft
- runway 15/33 : 1982 m = 6503 ft
aerial view of Skardu
METAR for Skardu airport - OPSD
No METAR for Skardu airport, but aviation weather is available at for Srinagar airport (VISR) at 165 km↑
TAF for Skardu airport - OPSD
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Srinagar airport (VISR) at 165 km↑
NOTAM for Skardu Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Not listed / valid from Wednesday 15th of September 2021 at 07:13 to Saturday 16th of October 2021 at 23:59
B) 2109150713 C) 2110152359 EST
E) RWY-14/32 , RWY STRIP NOT MAINTAINED DUE PRESENCE OF
SAND DUNES ALONG THE RUNWAY . WIP TO REMOVE SAND DUNES.
PILOTS ARE TO EXERCISE CAUTION DURING LANDING AND TAKE OFF.
CREATED: 15 Sep 2021 07:22:00
Published on Wednesday 15th of September 2021 at 07:22
NOTAM Taxiway(s) / valid from Thursday 26th of August 2021 at 06:35 to Friday 1st of October 2021 at 23:59
B) 2108260635 C) 2109302359 EST
E) TWY 'D' IS DECLARED AS ISOLATED PARKING BAY.
CREATED: 26 Aug 2021 07:31:00
Published on Thursday 26th of August 2021 at 07:31
NOTAM Runway / valid from Tuesday 24th of August 2021 at 05:58 to Friday 1st of October 2021 at 23:59
B) 2108240558 C) 2109302359 EST
E) DIGGING WORK IN PROGRESS 1000FT DOWN RWY-14 END
SOUTHERN EDGE FOR CONSTRUCTION OF TWY.
ALL PILOTS TO EXER CTN WHILE LDG AND TKOF.
CREATED: 24 Aug 2021 06:05:00
Published on Tuesday 24th of August 2021 at 06:05
NOTAM Aerodrome / valid from Thursday 1st of July 2021 at 09:30 to Friday 1st of October 2021 at 23:59
B) 2107010930 C) 2109302359 EST
E) FOLLOWING POINTS ARE TO BE NOTED FOR OPS AT SKARDU AIRPORT.
1. SKARDU AIRPORT APRON-1 WILL NOT BE AVBL FOR PARKING OF ACFT.
2. SKED TRAFFIC OF PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES(PIA) WILL BE
ACCOMMODATED ON TWY 'D' AS PER LAID DOWN PROCEDURE(S)/SOP(S).
3. AT A TIME ONLY ONE ACFT WILL BE ACCOMMODATED ON TWY 'D'.
4. 24 HOURS PRIOR NOTICE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR NON-SKED FLIGHTS
TO SKARDU AIRPORT ALONG WITH COORDINATION FOR TUG MASTER WITH
PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES (PIA).
CREATED: 01 Jul 2021 09:51:00
Published on Thursday 1st of July 2021 at 09:51
nearest airports to Skardu
- for Gilgit airport (OPGT) at 79 mile↑
- for Chilas airport (OPCL) at 82 mile↑
- for Srinagar airport (VISR) at 103 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Awantipur Air Force Station airport (VIAW) at 106 mile↑
- for Muzaffarabad airport (OPMF) at 134 mile↑
- for Leh airport (VILH) at 141 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rawalakot airport (OPRT) at 143 mile↑
- for Abbottabad airport (OPAB) at 152 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)