Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Calcutta airport (India) / ICAO VECC/ IATA CCU
Calcutta airport (India) is located close to Kolkata, Gauripur at 0 mile↑, Dam Dam at 3 mile↑, Madhyamgram at 3 mile↑, Garui at 3 mile↑, Belgharia at 4 mile↑, Kamarhati at 5 mile↑, Baranagar at 5 mile↑, Sodpur at 5 mile↑, Panihati at 5 mile↑, Agarpāra at 5 mile↑,
Elevation : 5 m = 16 ft
- runway 01R/19L : 3627 m = 11900 ft
- runway 01L/19R : 2399 m = 7871 ft
aerial view of Calcutta
METAR for Calcutta airport - VECC
VECC 231330Z 04004KT 1500 BR SCT020 BKN100 20/19 Q1010 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Calcutta Airport (India)
METAR issued by VECC on Sunday 23rd of January 2022 at 13:30 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 1 days and 25 hours and -1409 minutes ago.
Visibility is 2 km = 1 mile.
Temperature is 20 °C = 68 °F and dew point is 19 °C = 66 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1010 mb = 29.83 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 40°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m. broken at 10000 ft = 3050 m.
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Calcutta airport - VECC
VECC 231100Z 2312/2321 05005KT 1400 -RA BR SCT018 BKN090 TEMPO 2312/2316 0800 TSRA SCT015 FEW025CB OVC080
Decoded TAF for Calcutta Airport (India)
TAF issued by VECC on Sunday 23rd of January 2022 at 11:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 1 days and 4 hours and 1 minutes ago. A 9 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Sunday 23rd of January 2022 à 12:00 heure TU to Sunday 23rd of January 2022 à 21:00 heure UTC
2312/2321 05005KT 1400 -RA BR SCT018 BKN090
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 50°
Visibility is 1 km = 1 mile.
scattered clouds at 1800 ft = 550 m broken at 9000 ft = 2740 m
temporarily from Sunday 23rd of January 2022 à 12:00 heure TU to Sunday 23rd of January 2022 à 16:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2312/2316 0800 TSRA SCT015 FEW025CB OVC080
Visibility is 1 km = 0 mile.
scattered clouds at 1500 ft = 460 m few clouds at 2500 ft = 760 m overcast at 8000 ft = 2440 m
- Nearest hotels
- Hotels in Gauripur
- for Barrackpore Air Force Station airport at 10 mile↑
- for Calcutta Behala airport at 14 mile↑
nearest airports to Calcutta
- for Barrackpore Air Force Station airport (VEPI) at 10 mile↑
- for Calcutta Behala airport (VEBA) at 14 mile↑
- for Jessore airport (VGJR) at 58 mile↑
- for Kalaikunda Air Force Station airport (VEDX) at 82 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Panagarh airport (VEPH) at 86 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kazi Nazrul Islam airport (VEDG) at 102 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ishurdi airport (VGIS) at 110 mile↑
- for Chakulia airport (VECK) at 112 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)