Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Amritsar airport (India) / ICAO VIAR/ IATA ATQ
Amritsar airport (India) is located close to Amritsar, Raja Sansi at 1 mile↑, Amritsar at 7 mile↑, Ajnala at 9 mile↑, Majitha at 10 mile↑, Fatehgarh Churian at 14 mile↑, Jandiala Guru at 17 mile↑, Ram Das at 19 mile↑, Tarn Taran at 19 mile↑, Baddomalhi at 21 mile↑, Narang at 22 mile↑,
Elevation : 230 m = 755 ft
- runway 16/34 : 3289 m = 10791 ft
aerial view of Amritsar
METAR for Amritsar airport - VIAR
VIAR 180500Z 31004KT 1200 R34/2000 BR NSC 11/11 Q1021 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Amritsar Airport (India)
METAR issued by VIAR on Tuesday 18th of January 2022 at 05:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 6 days and 152 hours and -8604 minutes ago.
Visibility is 1 km = 1 mile.
Temperature is 11 °C = 52 °F and dew point is 11 °C = 52 °F . This correspond to 100% relative humidity.
QNH is 1021 mb = 30.15 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 310°.
No clouds below 5000 ft or below the minimum sector altitude. No cumulonimbus or budding cumulus, regardless of their altitude (No Significant Clouds).
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Amritsar airport - VIAR
VIAR 180500Z 1806/1815 27004KT 1200 BR SCT040 SCT100 BECMG 1810/1812 21004KT 1500 BKN100
Decoded TAF for Amritsar Airport (India)
TAF issued by VIAR on Tuesday 18th of January 2022 at 05:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 6 days and 8 hours and 36 minutes ago. A 9 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Tuesday 18th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Tuesday 18th of January 2022 à 10:00 heure UTC
1806/1815 27004KT 1200 BR SCT040 SCT100
Wind 4 kt = 7 km/h, direction is 270°
Visibility is 1 km = 1 mile.
scattered clouds at 4000 ft = 1220 m scattered clouds at 10000 ft = 3050 m
becoming from Tuesday 18th of January 2022 à 12:00 heure TU to Tuesday 18th of January 2022 à 15:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1810/1812 21004KT 1500 BKN100
Wind 4 kt = 7 km/h, direction is 210°
Visibility is 2 km = 1 mile.
broken at 10000 ft = 3050 m
nearest airports to Amritsar
- for Lahore airport (OPLA) at 27 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lahore Walton airport (OPLH) at 30 mile↑
- for Shekhupura airport (OPSP) at 46 mile↑
- for Adampur airport (VIAX) at 60 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pathankot airport (VIPK) at 61 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Sialkot airport (OPST) at 62 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Jammu airport (VIJU) at 68 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Halwara Air Force Station airport (VIHX) at 83 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)