Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Madras airport (India) / ICAO VOMM/ IATA MAA
Madras airport (India) is located close to Chennai, Pallavaram at 1 mile↑, Manappakkam at 1 mile↑, Palavantangai at 1 mile↑, Saint Thomas Mount at 2 mile↑, Alandur at 3 mile↑, Madipakkam at 3 mile↑, Porur at 3 mile↑, Perungudi at 5 mile↑, Poonamalle at 6 mile↑, Gandhi Nagar at 6 mile↑,
Elevation : 16 m = 52 ft
- runway 07/25 : 3658 m = 12001 ft
- runway 12/30 : 2045 m = 6709 ft
aerial view of Madras
METAR for Madras airport - VOMM
VOMM 190030Z 30004KT 3000 BR FEW020 23/22 Q1013 TEMPO 1500
Decoded METAR for Madras Airport (India)
METAR issued by VOMM on Wednesday 19th of January 2022 at 00:30 UTC, issued 56 minutes ago.
Visibility is 3 km = 2 mile.
Temperature is 23 °C = 73 °F and dew point is 22 °C = 72 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1013 mb = 29.91 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 300°.
Clouds : few clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m.
TAF for Madras airport - VOMM
VOMM 182300Z 1900/1909 VRB02KT 3000 BR SCT20 SCT100 TEMPO 1900/1903 1500 BECMG 1903/1904 05010KT 5000 HZ 1906/1907 6000
Decoded TAF for Madras Airport (India)
TAF issued by VOMM on Wednesday 19th of January 2022 at 23:00 UTC, issued 2 hours and 26 minutes ago. A 9 hour weather forecast that is updated every 3 hours.
from Wednesday 19th of January 2022 à 00:00 heure TU to Wednesday 19th of January 2022 à 03:00 heure UTC
1900/1909 VRB02KT 3000 BR SCT20 SCT100
Wind 2 kt = 4 km/h, direction is °
Visibility is 3 km = 2 mile.
scattered clouds at 0 ft = 0 m scattered clouds at 10000 ft = 3050 m
temporarily from Wednesday 19th of January 2022 à 00:00 heure TU to Wednesday 19th of January 2022 à 03:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 1900/1903 1500
Visibility is 2 km = 1 mile.
becoming from Wednesday 19th of January 2022 à 04:00 heure TU to Wednesday 19th of January 2022 à 09:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1903/1904 05010KT 5000 HZ 1906/1907 6000
Wind 10 kt = 19 km/h, direction is 50°
Visibility is 5 km = 3 mile.
nearest airports to Madras
- for Tambaran airport (VOTX) at 7 mile↑
- for Arkonam airport (VOAR) at 33 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Tirupati airport (VOTP) at 61 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Vellore airport (VOVR) at 74 mile↑
- for Pondicherry airport (VOPC) at 75 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Cuddapah airport (VOCP) at 141 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Salem airport (VOSM) at 165 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Kempegowda International airport (VOBL) at 166 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)