Abbaye de Saint-Sever de Rustan (Saint-Sever de Rustan)
An abbey that offers an architecture that looks more like a palace than a monastery.
Protected as historical monuments, the Benedictine abbey of Saint Sever de Rustan is mentioned for the first time on a document dating from the 11th century. From the 12th century, the prosperity of the monastery favors the birth of the fortified town.
The architecture of the building today gives the measure of the eventful history of the region. From Romanesque fullness to Gothic elegance, from classical rigor to the splendor of Louis XV woodwork, the Abbey of Saint Sever de Rustan comes to us from destruction to reconstruction, like a true digest of art history ...
The abbey is also famous for its cloister "relocated" in the 19th century, the capitals of which were reused on the cloister of the Massey garden in Tarbes.
address Abbaye de Saint-Sever de Rustan
- Nearest hotels
- Hotels in Saint-Sever de Rustan
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre in 4 mi↑
- Vic-en-Bigorre in 9 mi↑
- Le Lalano (Lalanne-Trie) in 6 mi↑
- O'Domaine Saint-Ferréol (Chis) in 7 mi↑ book
- Chez Simon (Villenave-près-Marsac) in 7 mi↑
- Le Château d'Orleix (Orleix) in 7 mi↑ book
- Tarbes in 11 mi↑
- Trie-sur-Baïse in 8 mi↑
- La Patte d'Oie (Aureilhan) in 8 mi↑
- Phu Gia (Orleix) in 8 mi↑
- Eglise de l'Assomption (Bours) in 8 mi↑
- Quartier de l'Arsenal (Tarbes) in 11 mi↑
- Le Réverbère (Vic-en-Bigorre) in 9 mi↑
- Avenue de la Marne et Bout du Pont (Tarbes) in 11 mi↑
- L'Octav (Vic-en-Bigorre) in 9 mi↑
- Eglise Saint Martin (Vic-en-Bigorre) in 9 mi↑
- for Tarbes-Laloubere airport in 12 mi↑
- for Castelnau-Magnoac airport in 16 mi↑
- for Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées airport in 17 mi↑