Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Stockholm Arlanda airport (Sweden) / ICAO ESSA/ IATA ARN
Stockholm Arlanda airport (Sweden) is located close to Stockholm, Sigtuna Municipality at 0 mile↑, Kättsta at 1 mile↑, Marsta at 3 mile↑, Rosersberg at 5 mile↑, Knivsta at 7 mile↑, Sigtuna at 7 mile↑, Alsike at 9 mile↑, Upplands Vaesby at 9 mile↑, Upplands-Väsby Kommun at 9 mile↑, Vallentuna at 10 mile↑,
Elevation : 42 m = 138 ft
- runway 01L/19R : 3301 m = 10830 ft
- runway 08/26 : 2500 m = 8202 ft
- runway 01R/19L : 2500 m = 8202 ft
aerial view of Stockholm Arlanda
METAR for Stockholm Arlanda airport - ESSA
ESSA 241050Z 25016KT 9999 BKN016 03/01 Q1017 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Stockholm Arlanda Airport (Sweden)
METAR issued by ESSA on Monday 24th of January 2022 at 10:50 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 1 days and 30 hours and -1384 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 3 °C = 37 °F and dew point is 1 °C = 34 °F . This correspond to 87% relative humidity.
QNH is 1017 mb = 30.03 inHg
Wind speed is 30 km/h = 16 kt, direction is 250°.
Clouds : broken at 1600 ft = 490 m.
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Stockholm Arlanda airport - ESSA
ESSA 240530Z 2406/2506 25015G25KT 8000 OVC006 TEMPO 2406/2408 2500 BR VV003 BECMG 2408/2410 BKN010 2410/2412 BKN015BECMG 2416/2418 26005KT PROB40 2417/2504 2000 2500/2502 32010KT
Decoded TAF for Stockholm Arlanda Airport (Sweden)
TAF issued by ESSA on Monday 24th of January 2022 at 05:30 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 1 days and 12 hours and 16 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Monday 24th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Monday 24th of January 2022 à 08:00 heure UTC
2406/2506 25015G25KT 8000 OVC006
Wind 15 kt = 28 km/h with gusts at 25 kt = 46 km/h, direction is 250°
Visibility is 8 km = 5 mile.
overcast at 600 ft = 180 m
temporarily from Monday 24th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Monday 24th of January 2022 à 08:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2406/2408 2500 BR VV003
Visibility is 3 km = 2 mile.
VV300 ft = 90 m
becoming from Monday 24th of January 2022 à 10:00 heure TU to Tuesday 25th of January 2022 à 06:00 heure UTC
BECMG 2408/2410 BKN010 2410/2412 BKN015BECMG 2416/2418 26005KT
broken at 1000 ft = 300 m broken at 1500 ft = 460 m
probability of 40% to have from Monday 24th of January 2022 à 17:00 heure TU to Tuesday 25th of January 2022 à 04:00 heure UTC
PROB40 2417/2504 2000 2500/2502 32010KT
Visibility is 2 km = 1 mile.
nearest airports to Stockholm Arlanda
- for Uppsala airport (ESCM) at 20 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Stockholm Bronna airport (ESSB) at 21 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Skå-Edeby airport (ESSE) at 22 mile↑
- for Sundbro airport (ESKC) at 23 mile↑
- for Norrtalje airport (ESSN) at 28 mile↑
- for Gimo Air Base airport (ESKA) at 34 mile↑
- for Vastervas Hasslo airport (ESOW) at 45 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Vängsö airport (ESSZ) at 45 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)