Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport (USA) / ICAO KXMR
Military airport Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The runway was called the Skid Strip because SM-62 Snark cruise missiles (which did not have the wheels) returning from test flights were supposed to come to a halt. It serves the NASA rocket launch base. The airport is mainly used by USAF for the transport of satellites and for the coupling with launch vehicles.
This airport is in an unusual configuration. It is part of private or dangerous airports.
Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport (USA) is located close to Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral at 5 mile↑, City of Cape Canaveral at 6 mile↑, Merritt Island at 8 mile↑, Cocoa Beach at 10 mile↑, Sharpes at 12 mile↑, Cocoa at 12 mile↑, Rockledge at 13 mile↑, Manatee Hammock Park Mobile Home Park at 13 mile↑, Port Saint John at 14 mile↑, Cocoa West at 15 mile↑,
Elevation : 3 m = 10 ft
- runway 13/31 : 3048 m = 10000 ft
aerial view of Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip
METAR for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport - KXMR
KXMR 141156Z AUTO 30010KT 10SM CLR 12/07 A2991 RMK AO2 SLP132 T01150070 10129 20115 52015 $
Decoded METAR for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip Airport (USA)
METAR issued by KXMR on Friday 14th of January 2022 at 11:56 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 9 days and 233 hours and -12904 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 12 °C = 54 °F and dew point is 7 °C = 45 °F . This correspond to 71% relative humidity.
QNH is 1013 mb = 29.91 inHg
Wind speed is 19 km/h = 10 kt, direction is 300°.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Sea Level Pressure SLP=132 T01150070 10129 20115 52015 $
TAF for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport - KXMR
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Space Coast Regl airport (KTIX) at 23 km↑
- Nearest hotels
- Hotels in Cape Canaveral
- for Merritt I airport at 11 mile↑
- for Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport at 13 mile↑
- for Space Coast Regl airport at 14 mile↑
nearest airports to Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip
- for Merritt I airport (KCOI) at 11 mile↑
- for Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport (KTTS) at 13 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Space Coast Regl airport (KTIX) at 14 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Patrick Space Force Base airport (KCOF) at 16 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Melbourne Intl airport (KMLB) at 26 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Orlando Intl airport (KMCO) at 45 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Orlando Sanford airport (KSFB) at 46 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for New Smyrna Beach Mun airport (KEVB) at 47 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)