Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport (USA) / OACI KXMR
Military airport Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The runway was called the Skid Strip because SM-62 Snark cruise missiles (which did not have the wheels) returning from test flights were supposed to come to a halt. It serves the NASA rocket launch base. The airport is mainly used by USAF for the transport of satellites and for the coupling with launch vehicles.
This airport is in an unusual configuration. It is part of private or dangerous airports.
Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip is located close to Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral at 5 mile, City of Cape Canaveral at 6 mile, Merritt Island at 8 mile, Cocoa Beach at 10 mile, Sharpes at 12 mile, Cocoa at 12 mile, Rockledge at 13 mile, Manatee Hammock Park Mobile Home Park at 13 mile, Port Saint John at 14 mile, Cocoa West at 15 mile,
3 m = 10 ft
- runway 13/31 : 3048 m = 10000 ft
aerial view of Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip
Hotels in Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip
METAR for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport - KXMR
KXMR 021656Z AUTO 13012KT 10SM FEW180 29/22 A2999 RMK AO2 SLP159 T02900217 $
Decoded METAR for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip Airport (USA)
METAR issued by KXMR on Sunday 2nd of May 2021 at 16:56 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 6 days and 7 hours and 36 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 29 °C = 84 °F and dew point is 22 °C = 72 °F . This correspond to 66% relative humidity.
QNH is 1016 mb = 30 inHg
Wind speed is 22 km/h = 12 kt, direction is 130°.
Clouds : few clouds at 18000 ft = 5490 m.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Sea Level Pressure SLP=159 T02900217 $
TAF for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport - KXMR
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Space Coast Regl airport (KTIX) at 23 km↑
NOTAM for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
nearest airports to Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip
- for Merritt I airport (KCOI) at 11 mile↑
- for Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport (KTTS) at 13 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Space Coast Regl airport (KTIX) at 14 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Patrick AFB Cocoa Beach airport (KCOF) at 16 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Melbourne Intl airport (KMLB) at 26 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Orlando Intl airport (KMCO) at 45 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Orlando Sanford airport (KSFB) at 46 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for New Smyrna Beach Mun airport (KEVB) at 47 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)