Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Elfin Cove Seaplane Base airport (USA) / ICAO PAEL/ IATA ELV
Elfin Cove Seaplane Base airport (USA) is located close to Elfin Cove, Gustavus at 27 mile↑, Hoonah at 33 mile↑, Excursion Inlet at 37 mile↑, Hoonah-Angoon Census Area at 54 mile↑, Fish Creek at 64 mile↑, Chatham at 70 mile↑, West Juneau at 70 mile↑, Juneau at 70 mile↑, Haines at 78 mile↑, Haines Borough at 79 mile↑,
Elevation : 5 m = 16 ft
- runway NW/SE : 3048 m = 10000 ft
aerial view of Elfin Cove Seaplane Base
METAR for Elfin Cove Seaplane Base airport - PAEL
PAEL 222049Z VRB05KT 10SM -RA OVC020 08/08 A2897 RMK SEA 0 SWELL 2 SW NOSPECI
Decoded METAR for Elfin Cove Seaplane Base Airport (USA)
METAR issued by PAEL on Friday 22nd of October 2021 at 20:49 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 93 days and 2249 hours and -133876 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 8 °C = 46 °F and dew point is 8 °C = 46 °F . This correspond to 100% relative humidity.
QNH is 981 mb = 28.97 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is °.
Clouds : overcast at 2000 ft = 610 m.
Remarks : SEA 0 SWELL 2 SW NOSPECI
TAF for Elfin Cove Seaplane Base airport - PAEL
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Gustavus airport (PAGS) at 45 km↑
nearest airports to Elfin Cove Seaplane Base
- for Gustavus airport (PAGS) at 28 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Hoonah airport (PAOH) at 35 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Funter Bay Seaplane Base airport (PANR) at 53 mile↑
- for Juneau airport (PAJN) at 65 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Haines airport (PAHN) at 78 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Angoon Seaplane Base airport (PAGN) at 80 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Sitka airport (PASI) at 87 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Skagway airport (PAGY) at 95 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)