Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Saipan Is. airport (Northern Mariana Islands) / ICAO PGSN/ IATA SPN
Saipan Is. airport (Northern Mariana Islands) is located close to Saipan Island, As Lito Hamlet at 1 mile↑, Saipan Municipality at 2 mile↑, Papago Hamlet at 4 mile↑, Northern Islands Municipality - Mayors Office at 6 mile↑, CNMI Governor's Office at 7 mile↑, Saipan at 7 mile↑, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands at 7 mile↑, Tinian Municipality at 10 mile↑, Marpo Heights Hamlet at 11 mile↑, JP Tinian Town pre-WW2 at 13 mile↑, Sinapalo Village at 74 mile↑, Rota Municipality at 75 mile↑,
Elevation : 66 m = 217 ft
- runway 07/25 : 2652 m = 8701 ft
aerial view of Saipan Is.
METAR for Saipan Is. airport - PGSN
PGSN 200254Z 14011KT 10SM SCT022 31/24 A2990 RMK AO2 SLP147 T03060244 58010
Decoded METAR for Saipan Is. Airport (Northern Mariana Islands)
METAR issued by PGSN on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 02:54 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 13 hours and 33 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 31 °C = 88 °F and dew point is 24 °C = 75 °F . This correspond to 66% relative humidity.
QNH is 1013 mb = 29.91 inHg
Wind speed is 20 km/h = 11 kt, direction is 140°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 2200 ft = 670 m.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Sea Level Pressure SLP=147 T03060244 58010
TAF for Saipan Is. airport - PGSN
PGSN 192328Z 2000/2024 10011KT P6SM VCSH SCT018 SCT040
Decoded TAF for Saipan Is. Airport (Northern Mariana Islands)
TAF issued by PGSN on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 23:28 UTC, issued 16 hours and 59 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Thursday, May 19, 2022 à 00:00 heure TU to Friday, May 20, 2022 à 00:00 heure UTC
2000/2024 10011KT P6SM VCSH SCT018 SCT040
Wind 11 kt = 20 km/h, direction is 100°
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 sm.
scattered clouds at 1800 ft = 550 m scattered clouds at 4000 ft = 1220 m
nearest airports to Saipan Is.
- for West Tinian airport (PGWT) at 11 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rota airport (PGRO) at 73 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Guam Anderson airport (PGUA) at 119 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Antonio B. Won Pat International airport (PGUM) at 129 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Yap International airport (PTYA) at 646 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Chuuk International airport (PTKK) at 672 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Iwo Jima Is. airport (RJAW) at 726 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Minamitorishima airport (RJAM) at 830 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)