Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Mandalay airport (Myanmar) / ICAO VYMD/ IATA MDL
Mandalay airport (Myanmar) is located close to Mandalay, Ekyigon at 1 mile↑, Singun at 9 mile↑, Sagaing at 12 mile, Kyaukse at 12 mile↑, Mandalay at 20 mile↑, Pya at 27 mile↑, Maymyo at 39 mile↑, Myingyan at 42 mile↑, Mandalay Division at 49 mile↑, Meiktila at 58 mile↑,
Elevation : 91 m = 299 ft
- runway 17/35 : 4268 m = 14003 ft
aerial view of Mandalay
METAR for Mandalay airport - VYMD
VYMD 201130Z 22003KT 6000 SCT020 27/11 Q1006 NOSIG
Decoded METAR for Mandalay Airport (Myanmar)
METAR issued by VYMD on Thursday 20th of January 2022 at 11:30 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 2 days and 53 hours and -2841 minutes ago.
Visibility is 6 km = 4 mile.
Temperature is 27 °C = 81 °F and dew point is 11 °C = 52 °F . This correspond to 37% relative humidity.
QNH is 1006 mb = 29.71 inHg
Wind speed is 6 km/h = 3 kt, direction is 220°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m.
No significant change forecasted in next 2 hours
TAF for Mandalay airport - VYMD
VYMD 201100Z 2012/2112 36004KT 7000 SCT025 TEMPO 2012/2018 34005KT 6000 SCT020
Decoded TAF for Mandalay Airport (Myanmar)
TAF issued by VYMD on Thursday 20th of January 2022 at 11:00 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 2 days and 6 hours and 9 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Thursday 20th of January 2022 à 12:00 heure TU to Friday 21st of January 2022 à 12:00 heure UTC
2012/2112 36004KT 7000 SCT025
Wind 4 kt = 7 km/h, direction is 360°
Visibility is 7 km = 4 mile.
scattered clouds at 2500 ft = 760 m
temporarily from Thursday 20th of January 2022 à 12:00 heure TU to Thursday 20th of January 2022 à 18:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 2012/2018 34005KT 6000 SCT020
Wind 5 kt = 9 km/h, direction is 340°
Visibility is 6 km = 4 mile.
scattered clouds at 2000 ft = 610 m
nearest airports to Mandalay
- for Mandalay Chanmya Tha Zi airport (VYCZ) at 18 mile↑
- for Anisakan airport (VYAS) at 33 mile↑
- for Shante airport (VYST) at 53 mile↑
- for Meiktila airport (VYML) at 57 mile↑
- for Pakhokku airport (VYPU) at 59 mile↑
- for Monywar airport (VYMY) at 67 mile↑
- for Salingyi airport (VYSL) at 67 mile↑
- for Bagan airport (VYBG) at 76 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)