Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
Aviation weather for Keflavik airport in Reykjavík Iceland / ICAO BIKF IATA KEF
Keflavik airport (Iceland) is located near Reykjavík, Ytri-Njarðvík in 2 mi↑, Keflavik in 2 mi↑, Njardvik in 3 mi↑, Sandgerdi in 5 mi↑, Grindavik in 11 mi↑, Suðurnes in 12 mi↑, Alftanes in 20 mi↑, Hvaleyri in 20 mi↑, Hafnarfjordur in 21 mi↑, Seltjarnarnes in 22 mi↑, Gardabar in 22 mi↑, Grímsstaðaholt in 22 mi↑,
Elevation : 52 m = 171 ft
- runway 10/28 : 3065 m = 10056 ft
- runway 01/19 : 3054 m = 10020 ft
aerial view of Keflavik
METAR for Keflavik airport - BIKF
BIKF 100730Z 27016KT 9999 BKN011 OVC018 09/07 Q0999
Decoded METAR for Keflavik Airport (Iceland)
METAR issued by BIKF on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 07:30 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 1 days and 25 hours and -1411 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mi.
Temperature is 9 °C = 48 °F and dew point is 7 °C = 45 °F . This correspond to 87% relative humidity.
QNH is 999 mb = 29.5 inHg
Wind speed is 30 km/h = 16 kt, direction is 270°.
Clouds : broken at 1100 ft = 340 m. overcast at 1800 ft = 550 m.
TAF for Keflavik airport - BIKF
BIKF 100434Z 1006/1106 25015KT 9000 -DZRA BKN005 OVC010 TX11/1015Z TN09/1006Z BECMG 1006/1008 -SHRA BKN020 TEMPO 1008/1106 4000 SHRA BKN008 1014/1016 26007KT
Decoded TAF for Keflavik Airport (Iceland)
TAF issued by BIKF on Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 04:34 UTC Warning : this TAF is out of date, issued 1 days and 4 hours and 25 minutes ago. A 24 hour weather forecast that is updated every 6 hours.
from Tuesday, August 9, 2022 à 06:00 heure TU to Tuesday, August 9, 2022 à 06:00 heure UTC
1006/1106 25015KT 9000 -DZRA BKN005 OVC010 TX11/1015Z TN09/1006Z
Wind 15 kt = 28 km/h, direction is 250°
Visibility is 9 km = 6 mi.
light intensity drizzlerain
broken at 500 ft = 150 m overcast at 1000 ft = 300 m
becoming from Wednesday, August 10, 2022 à 08:00 heure TU to Wednesday, August 10, 2022 à 06:00 heure UTC
BECMG 1006/1008 -SHRA BKN020
light intensity shower rain
broken at 2000 ft = 610 m
temporarily from Wednesday, August 10, 2022 à 08:00 heure TU to Wednesday, August 10, 2022 à 06:00 heure UTC
TEMPO 1008/1106 4000 SHRA BKN008 1014/1016 26007KT
Visibility is 4 km = 2 mi.
broken at 800 ft = 240 m
nearest airports to Keflavik
- for Reykjavik airport (BIRK) in 22 mi↑METAR & TAF
- for Mosfellssveit airport (BIMS) in 30 mi↑
- for Sandskeid airport (BISS) in 32 mi↑
- for Selfoss airport (BISF) in 48 mi↑
- for Kaldármelar airport (BIKA) in 56 mi↑
- for Stórikroppur airport (BISR) in 56 mi↑
- for Forsæti airport (BIFZ) in 58 mi↑
- for Vatnsnes airport (BIVA) in 59 mi↑
- for Dagverðará airport (BIDA) in 62 mi↑
- for Hella airport (BIHL) in 68 mi↑
- for Flúðir airport (BIFL) in 70 mi↑
- for Húsafell airport (BIHZ) in 71 mi↑
- for Gunnarsholt airport (BIGH) in 72 mi↑
- for Einholtsmelar airport (BIEH) in 72 mi↑
- for Grundarfjörður airport (BIGF) in 72 mi↑
- for Rif airport (BIRF) in 74 mi↑
- for Hvolsvöllur airport (BIHR) in 74 mi↑
- for Geysir airport (BIGE) in 74 mi↑
- for Stykkisholmur airport (BIST) in 74 mi↑
- for Búðardalur airport (BIBR) in 79 mi↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)