Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Armstrong airport (Canada) / ICAO CYYW/ IATA YYW
Armstrong airport (Canada) is located close to Armstrong, Armstrong Station at 6 mile↑, Macdiarmid at 69 mile↑, Savant Lake at 79 mile↑, Osnaburgh House at 83 mile↑, Rat Rapids at 85 mile↑, Nipigon at 93 mile↑, Geraldton at 95 mile↑, Jonesville at 96 mile↑, Fort Hope at 97 mile↑, Pickle Lake at 99 mile↑,
Elevation : 322 m = 1056 ft
- runway 12/30 : 1219 m = 3999 ft
- runway 18/36 : 896 m = 2940 ft
aerial view of Armstrong
METAR for Armstrong airport - CYYW
CYYW 040709Z AUTO 30008KT 5SM -SN BKN044 BKN071 OVC100 M07/M08 A2980 RMK SLP121
Decoded METAR for Armstrong Airport (Canada)
METAR issued by CYYW on Saturday 4th of December 2021 at 07:09 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 2 days and 59 hours and -2851 minutes ago.
Visibility is 8 km = 5 sm.
Temperature is -7 °C = 19 °F and dew point is -8 °C = 18 °F . This correspond to 93% relative humidity.
QNH is 1009 mb = 29.8 inHg
Wind speed is 15 km/h = 8 kt, direction is 300°.
Clouds : broken at 4400 ft = 1340 m. broken at 7100 ft = 2160 m. overcast at 10000 ft = 3050 m.
Remarks : Sea Level Pressure SLP=121
TAF for Armstrong airport - CYYW
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Geraldton airport (CYGQ) at 152 km↑
nearest airports to Armstrong
- for Geraldton airport (CYGQ) at 94 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Pickle Lake airport (CYPL) at 98 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Nakina airport (CYQN) at 98 mile↑
- for Fort Hope airport (CYFH) at 98 mile↑
- for Sioux Lookout airport (CYXL) at 133 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Thunder Bay airport (CYQT) at 134 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Lansdowne House airport (CYLH) at 138 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Ignace Muni airport (CZUC) at 138 mile↑
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)