Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Barra (Beach) airport (United Kingdom) / ICAO EGPR/ IATA BRR
Barra Airfield is located in the shallow bay of Traigh Mhor, north of the Isle of Barra in Scotland. It is the only airport in the world where scheduled services land on a beach. Three tracks are established on the beach, delimited by wooden poles at their ends. Flight times therefore depend on the tide because at high tide, the water covers the runways are covered by the sea. The beach is also popular with tourists and shellfish collectors, who are asked to observe the round at air to check if the airport is in operation.
This airport is in an unusual configuration. It is part of private or dangerous airports.
Barra (Beach) airport (United Kingdom) is located close to Eoligarry, Daliburgh at 10 mile↑, Gramisdale at 32 mile↑, Baugh at 43 mile↑, Eilean Siar at 46 mile↑, Portree at 54 mile↑, Ardvasar at 58 mile↑, Ardshealach at 66 mile↑, Lochailort at 68 mile↑, Isle Of Mull at 75 mile↑, Oban at 86 mile↑,
Elevation : 2 m = 7 ft
- runway 15/33 : 846 m = 2776 ft
- runway 07/25 : 799 m = 2621 ft
- runway 11/29 : 680 m = 2231 ft
aerial view of Barra (Beach)
METAR for Barra (Beach) airport - EGPR
No METAR for Barra (Beach) airport, but aviation weather is available at for Benbecula airport (EGPL) at 51 km↑
TAF for Barra (Beach) airport - EGPR
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Benbecula airport (EGPL) at 51 km↑
NOTAM for Barra (Beach) Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM GNSS airfield-specific operations / valid from Friday 25th of June 2021 at 00:01 to Saturday 25th of September 2021 at 23:59
Q) EGPX/QGAAU/I /NBO/A /000/999/5701N00727W005
A) EGPR B) 2106250001 C) 2109242359
E) LPV LINES OF OCA(H) DISPLAYED ON THE RNP INSTRUMENT
APPROACH CHARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE.
CREATED: 08 Jun 2021 13:38:00
nearest airports to Barra (Beach)
- for Benbecula airport (EGPL) at 32 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Tiree airport (EGPU) at 42 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Coll airport (EGEL) at 43 mile↑
- for Broadford Airstrip airport (EGEI) at 63 mile↑
- for Colonsay Airstrip airport (EGEY) at 81 mile↑
- for Stornoway airport (EGPO) at 92 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Islay airport (EGPI) at 103 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Campbeltown airport (EGEC) at 129 mile↑METAR & TAF
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)